The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > My Rig - Single Tier Multi Stand

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
zosojohnny
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default My Rig - Single Tier Multi Stand

I've gotten so many good ideas from the site, I thought I would share with you my rig that I've been putting together. I really wanted to build a single tier system but I don't have anywhere to store a big old rig that I see others have made. I can fit the whole system in my Milan if I want to go brew at a friends and I can store the whole thing out of SWMBO's sight in the attic over the garage.

I decided to build it modular. I've tried to incorporate many of the features that I've seen others use site glass, 23 tip burner, QD's, silicon tubing, March Pump in the toolbox... One thing that I haven't seen from anyone else is to use Armaflex on the mash tun effectively turning it into a cooler. I've also wrapped the burner stands with tin for those windy Michigan days.

The welds aren't all pretty and I haven't painted it, but it's very functional and I'm looking forward to my first brew with it in a couple of weeks.

Hopefully, this will give a different perspective and provide someone else on the board with some ideas that they can incorporate into their own build.

The system

Top down view of one of the two burner stands

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
cyberbackpacker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Smart. Looks good. Where did you buy the armaflex btw?

-Kevin
cyberbackpacker

Trinke Das Bier Das Du Gebraut Hast

Old 02-26-2009, 10:20 PM   #3
zosojohnny
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

At the foam factory here in Detroit. Not cheap about $37 for a 2x8x3/4 sheet of it.

Quick Reply