Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > My new DIY stir-plate

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
cjhammel
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default My new DIY stir-plate

I found this round Raspberry Pi case at my local Microcenter. I loved the red and see-through case design. I was just going to use an old case fan that I had lying around but after seeing the case I decided that it needed some bling.

I epoxied the washer on the fan and mount the magnets
I got a fan controller mounted both the controller and the fan hooked up an old 12v 2A wall wart I had.

I had to remove the tabs that mount the Raspberry Pi

There was quite a bit of fiddling to get the distance right between the magnets and the stirbar. It seems a little counter intuitive but you can’t just mount the fan directly under the case. You need about 3/8”-1/2” between the neodymium magnets and the stirbar.

I found that if you are getting a bar that is being thrown, not stirring, or rattling to much try increasing the distance between the fan and bottom of the flask.

Over all I really like how it turned out.

Reason: Resized Images for better viewing
Stealthcruiser Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2013, 04:03 AM   #2
Horseflesh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

That looks really nice. I came by to post my DIY stir plate, which looks like crap but has the benefit of being made entirely from junk I had laying around.

http://imgur.com/a/BRXXD

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply