Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > my latest kegorator build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #21
nathan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

interior view. Regulators sit in the freezer compartment (I removed the plastic freezer door). There's a shelf built that can hold the five kegs that fit. Right now I have four in. The fifth sits in the center between them all.

Inside the door. The interior shelf panel was removed and replaced with pebble board which has been reversed so the smooth side is showing. The four foot beer lines hang down but the door closes fine and there is clearance so when they are disconnected they just hang. High point is the shank.

A different angle so you can see the keg in the back corner.

here is the five stage secondary regulator. Gas comes in on the right side and works through. I also have a beergas line run in but it just uses the exterior primary regulator on the tank and runs to a single gas connector on the inside.

Last edited by nathan; 02-18-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: add descriptions

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #22
Jaysus
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 79

That's sharp - I like it!

Old 02-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #23
nathan
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

It was a bit confusing in the drawing phase, where I listed all the parts. And of course the boxes and boxes of little parts to assemble, but by the time it was all coming together it actually looked quite clean and it's easy to deal with.

The trick is finding a fridge or freezer that holds five kegs. I really wanted an upright so I could lift in kegs easily (my last one was a chest freezer with a tower) and I wanted the taps up and out of reach of my toddler, who is fascinated with all things brewing.

I drove around to craigs-listings with 3 cornies in my van for a while before lucking into this one for free. That's the most important part, then the rest was pretty straightforward: draw plan, list parts, locate all parts (took four or five vendors) then assemble.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:42 PM   #24
nathan
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I've adjusted it to 38F now, and the 2 degrees seems to make a difference. The pours are amazing and fast, I feel like I'm at a bar.

Now I keep staring at my stout carboy and trying to make it finish fermenting by sheer willpower!

Quick Reply