New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > My insane 25 Gal, 100 Percent Hard Plumbed Tri-Clover, Automated Tippy Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #401
Lost_Arkitekt
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 83

@ kickflip ... Where did you find those burner windscreens?

BTW, as a welder (for furniture), I have to say that your welds are very nice for someone who isn't a professional at it. Nice rig...love the dump feature.

"Great minds think alike...and fools rarely differ."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #402
kickflip_mj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I bought the windscreens from brewers hardware, I had to do some heavy modifying to them. I fusion welded the seams back together and cut out a vent.
http://www.brewershardware.com/12-Heat-Shield-Burner-Mount.html

Thank you for the complement! some of my welds arnt perfect but im happy with the overall appearance. The one thing im concerned about is the welds through the bottom, those where awful to do for a novice like me.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:57 AM   #403
kickflip_mj
Recipes 

I put in a huge order for all my electronics today. Hopefully I'm not missing anything. Obviously a few small odd and ends but nothing I couldn't pick up at the hardware store.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #404
Bensiff
Mind Your Business
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 288 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickflip_mj View Post
I put in a huge order for all my electronics today. Hopefully I'm not missing anything. Obviously a few small odd and ends but nothing I couldn't pick up at the hardware store.
Have you ever repaired a car without having to make at least 1 or 10 extra trips to the parts store? Just get used to paying UPS shipping for a while
Old 10-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #405
kickflip_mj
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensiff View Post
Have you ever repaired a car without having to make at least 1 or 10 extra trips to the parts store? Just get used to paying UPS shipping for a while
Ha everytime! I actually made an excel sheet to cut down on things missed. But I know ACE hardware is going to be happy to take my money.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #406
Bensiff
Mind Your Business
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickflip_mj View Post
Ha everytime! I actually made an excel sheet to cut down on things missed. But I know ACE hardware is going to be happy to take my money.
and Ebay, Amazon, Auber, Brewer's Hardware....
Old 10-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #407
kickflip_mj
Recipes 

Quote:
and Ebay, Amazon, Auber, Brewer's Hardware....
Brewtroller, Lowes, Electric brewer, TF Valves, Chalkboard, ADAfruit.lol
Old 10-19-2013, 03:35 AM   #408
Bensiff
Mind Your Business
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Well kick, I'm In process if renting out current house so that we can rent someone else's house due to job issues. Brew stand is painted and so close to finishing, control panel is ready to go, just need to put everything together but moving next weekend so am so far away from my first brew day with my new system. Condition of rental house is they are ok with me having 220v put in garage so at least I should get to fire new system by Christmas. Anyway, I will put together a thread with pics of my brewstand build which will have more to do with the paint job than anything that I will be sure to send you the link since I have enjoyed following your builds progress so much. Look forward to watching your control panel come together, just hope it doesn't make me regret going the Kal route. But so far am happy with where I'm at. Keep on with the good work. Cheers n beers.

VOTE, n. The instrument and symbol of a freeman’s power to make a fool of himself and a wreck of his country.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #409
kickflip_mj
Recipes 

Quote:
Well kick, I'm In process if renting out current house so that we can rent someone else's house due to job issues. Brew stand is painted and so close to finishing, control panel is ready to go, just need to put everything together but moving next weekend so am so far away from my first brew day with my new system. Condition of rental house is they are ok with me having 220v put in garage so at least I should get to fire new system by Christmas. Anyway, I will put together a thread with pics of my brewstand build which will have more to do with the paint job than anything that I will be sure to send you the link since I have enjoyed following your builds progress so much. Look forward to watching your control panel come together, just hope it doesn't make me regret going the Kal route. But so far am happy with where I'm at. Keep on with the good work. Cheers n beers.

I'm sorry to here about job issues, I had to downgrade myself last year. Still not a fan but I am happy where i'm at.

That sounds so painful being so close to finishing a build but having to take a break. Maybe it will give you sometime to think about what else you need for your build? Rushing through these builds will make you want to fix small things that should have been done the first time. I don't think you will regret the Kal route. I am almost regretting going down the road that I went. I have way to much time and money into this rig.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #410
kickflip_mj
Recipes 

Ok I finished my pilot lights and my volume sensor set up. Also added a stainless gusset in the control panel mounts. Definitely a long Sunday

image-3973258703.jpg

image-1016711497.jpg

image-2279257265.jpg

image-598739528.jpg

image-1054083542.jpg

Quick Reply