LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #11
Huaco
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 109 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Wire up a fan and pvc pipe to suck air over the compressor and exit elsewhere. Just need to evacuate that heat. Of course, you will have to have "supply" air in that area if it is closed off box where the compressor is.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #12
gmcapone
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huaco
Wire up a fan and pvc pipe to suck air over the compressor and exit elsewhere. Just need to evacuate that heat. Of course, you will have to have "supply" air in that area if it is closed off box where the compressor is.
This is a good idea, I'll have to try. I'm not sure if alone it will do the trick but probably in conjunction with something else it could be enough. Thank you

Primary 1: Doppelbock
Primary 2: Dubbel (Demaciale)
Bottled/Kegged:Storm Giant IPA, Bananas Foster Ale, Storm Giant IPA, Black IPA (Head Hop IPA), Hefeweizen, Chipotle Ale (Juan More Cerveza)

Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #13
Carlscan26
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Doh! My wine fridge that I converted to a ferm chamber has coils on the back and in one side of the fridge. I didn't notice at first but there was a split off in the tubing.

I can only suggest you create a new internal wall at the opening of the fridge and open up the side or sides where the fridge is to allow that heat to dissipate.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:37 AM   #14
gmcapone
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlscan26 View Post
Doh! My wine fridge that I converted to a ferm chamber has coils on the back and in one side of the fridge. I didn't notice at first but there was a split off in the tubing.

I can only suggest you create a new internal wall at the opening of the fridge and open up the side or sides where the fridge is to allow that heat to dissipate.
Yeah, pretty much what I decided to do and install two fans to circulate air in that portion, one in and one out.

Bottled/Kegged:Storm Giant IPA, Bananas Foster Ale, Storm Giant IPA, Black IPA (Head Hop IPA), Hefeweizen, Chipotle Ale (Juan More Cerveza)

Old 01-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #15
elpenoso
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I say pull it out and build a support. If you really care about aesthetics you can add on to the frame and attach more plywood around it. It takes up too much floor space anyhow.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:04 AM   #16
gmcapone
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpenoso View Post
I say pull it out and build a support. If you really care about aesthetics you can add on to the frame and attach more plywood around it. It takes up too much floor space anyhow.
well, the other negative side affect of doing this is it will create more space for the fridge to cool. I'm not so sure how much more space it can keep cool.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #17
hrigsby
Recipes 

I'm new here, but it only needs to keep the space around 60 degrees correct? I feel like a fridge should be able to manage that in that space considering it is typically trying to keep its contents at 35 degrees or so. Could be wrong though. Can't hurt to try it.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #18
gmcapone
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrigsby View Post
I'm new here, but it only needs to keep the space around 60 degrees correct? I feel like a fridge should be able to manage that in that space considering it is typically trying to keep its contents at 35 degrees or so. Could be wrong though. Can't hurt to try it.
This is true, I may try to use it for lagering though. I'm kind of doubting it has the power to do that now too. I might just get a small chest freezer later for lagering instead.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #19
gmcapone
Recipes 

I decided to just push the fridge back so its fully out of the chamber and the inside is flush.

I made a pretty simple support underneath the fridge. Its secured to the side frame and has a cross beam at the end.

So far its at 18 degrees C and dropping. I'm hoping for at least 15.2 but wishing for more. It started at 21 deg. I haven't put the fan in yet since it hasn't arrived. After a successful test run I plan on redoing the inside lining.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #20
gmcapone
Recipes 

made it to 15.2 degrees pretty quickly and without a fan to circulate air. Going to see how low it can get now.

Quick Reply