Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > My DIY Stir Plate & My Trailer Trash Daughter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #11
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhokie View Post
Alright, wheres the daughter. Bunch of pervs.

What type of magnet you use? (If I were answering me, I would say a magnetic one)

Of course it was fast, you got a bunch of nerds and happy beer drinkers seeing a title that involves a woman.
I just used a large 3 dollar bar magnet from Radio Shack. If I go out today i will stop and get the part number if you would like.
“Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
― G.K. Chesterton
http://whatalesyou.webs.com/

Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #12
Monster Mash
Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Instead of spacing the fan to bring it up it works better if you space the magnet off of the fan with wood. This prevents the magnet from interfering with the motor and it runs smoother.

Rare earth magnets are preferred over ferrite because of their strength. For those that are building stir plates spend a little extra and get rare earth or pull them out of an old hard drive.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #13
dbhokie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Oh no don't go to such lengths, I was curious, I do have a lot of old hard drives sitting around (like 40 sometimes its nice to hoard electronics).

Although I love the construction, and the box you used for your fan.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #14
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Thanks I am happy with it now. I am looking forward to my first all grain brew Sat.

What is did not show was that I drilled a bunch of holes in the back, and both sides to allow for air flow.

“Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Old 03-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #15
dbhokie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snccoulter View Post
Thanks I am happy with it now. I am looking forward to my first all grain brew Sat.

What is did not show was that I drilled a bunch of holes in the back, and both sides to allow for air flow.
One more question, I love the box as I said, though I am a rummager and use what I have type person, did you get this from Radio Shack as well or something? It seems an ideally suited containment device for your uses. (I was going to fashion one out of wood, which would probably be less effective.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #16
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Yes I got it from Radio Shack also. I figured if I was going to do it I may as well make it decent. My wife complains about things looking like I built them out of garbage.

― G.K. Chesterton

Old 03-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #17
BrewinHooligan
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1134 Times on 719 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:

Congratulations and best of luck! I did my first AG last weekend and The only extract I will ever use again is for starters. It's so much more fun that extract IMO and I already have my next 2 batches planned and lined up.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #18
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4884 Times on 4471 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Finally my trailer trash daughter she by the way she is 2 and already has that attitude I keep telling her i will snatch her eyes out if she roles them at me again.
I admit, I was expecting something MUCH older. But, when it comes to trailer trash isn't that how it always is.

Cute kid.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #19
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

The stirplate has been running for over 24 hours and has not started to get hot so I am going to call it a good.
Thanks, she is the terror in the house she has 2 brothers 4 and 6. She rules with the iron fist. The boys move out of her way most of the time.

― G.K. Chesterton

Old 03-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #20
grendelrt
Recipes 

Whats the purpose of drilling the holes in the side? First time I have seen that.

Quick Reply