My DIY keggle setup. pics!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you even make something like that? Ridiculous. Jealous.

he is taking a design class at Irvine Valley College, so he gets access to lots of really cool equipment. i'll ask him to create a thread on how he made it and post the link on this thread.

Sorry to bump an old thread.

Thanks for posting this! Can you post links to the valve and thermometers you used? Any pics of the inside after the false bottom was installed?

Nice work so far, what kind of setup are you going to build, single tier etc...
Bad idea if the whole thing falls into the keg when it is cut. Check YouTube for videos by "Bobby from New Jersey". He makes a jig which will not fall thru.

itsalive.jpg

I've cut 5 like this, no issue at all. Have you cut any like this?
Guess I like my fingers an eyes the way they are. So no. I used the jig like Bobbys. Although I will say I did not like the wide flange the grinders leave so I used a small hand grinder and cut the flange back to within 1/4 inch of the outter wall. Also welded the handle openings closed with a couple of pieces of stainless. Increased volume and less worries about boil over. Using 2 kegs and BIAB. Happy with the setup, as I am sure you are with yours. Happy Brewing.

Guess I like my fingers an eyes the way they are. So no. I used the jig like Bobbys. Although I will say I did not like the wide flange the grinders leave so I used a small hand grinder and cut the flange back to within 1/4 inch of the outter wall. Also welded the handle openings closed with a couple of pieces of stainless. Increased volume and less worries about boil over. Using 2 kegs and BIAB. Happy with the setup, as I am sure you are with yours. Happy Brewing.

I don’t think it is necessary, but if you want to avoid the lid falling into the kettle, just leave the spear on there while cutting.

I don’t think it is necessary, but if you want to avoid the lid falling into the kettle, just leave the spear on there while cutting.
It is not the lid I would worry about. It is that grinder falling and turning at 10,000 rpm and when everything starts to break apart and flying everywhere.

Back