The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > My DIY fermentation chamber

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #31
jakehale
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyjacobs View Post
Here's mine:

Holds 6 carboys. Gets down to about 53°F right now, but that's because I didn't insulate the bottom, and the front insulation usually has a 1/4" gap between it and the rest of the box cuz I have yet to build a plywood box around it to hold it all in tight. I bet I can easily hit 40°F if I encase it in plywood and insulate the floor.

Small mini-fridge, door removed, 2 computer fans inside the fridge, (one in the freezer section blowing air out, one at the threshold between fridge and box to circulate air). Ebay aquarium temperature controller ($30) controls temps AND the 10A relay inside of it is enough to run the fridge. Plywood base has castors for easy moving, but I never drag the whole thing out, so the castors are useless. I just reach in and grab the carboy instead. It's got 1.5" styrofoam all around it, clear duct-taped in place, (again, I could definitely improve insulation by doing a better sealing job).
Well this is good to hear/see.... thanks. I picked the fridge up today, my ebay temp contoller is in the mail. looks like i got a project this weekend..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #32
jiggs_casey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Love this idea! I have a couple of these set up in my brew room and was thinking I could do something similar. I already have a small refrigerator ready to go and a bunch of plywood in the garage. All I would really need to pull this off is the insulation and the temp controller! I think I just found my next project. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigeb View Post
It's my God-given right to be as stupid as I want to be. How dare the government get in the way.
Go Beer!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply