I decided to motorize my grain mill. In the process, I also decided to build a new hopper. For the last three years I have been using a hopper made from poster board (heavy paper). It has worked well, but it is time for a change. I am about half way through this build and am very happy on how it is going. Attached are a few pictures.
Laser print picture in negative and iron onto copper.
Etch in ferric chloride, 45 to 60 minutes.
Now submerge in liver of sulfur for a couple minutes.
Some progress today. Soldered the cone and added 1/4 inch copper tube for trim around the top. Solder skills leave a lot to be desired. The trim really adds a lot of stability to the hopper. Used a dremel tool metal saw disk to cut a groove in the tube. Then slid it on the hopper and soldered. It was more difficult than it sounds. Needs some clean up. Still more to do to finish it, but here it is today.