Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > My Basement Bar Build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #181
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Thanks guys....I appreciate the compliments.

I have plenty to keep me busy for a long, long time. The rustic all electric brewing room is just getting started (still need rough electrical, rough plumbing, drywall, cement board, stone tiling, floor tiling, etc), I still need to complete my keggle conversions, I have to decide on a control panel, my fermentation chambers are just getting started, I haven't even started the grain weighing/milling station (motorized), I still need to build the grain storage bin, I still need to build the shelving in my cold storage wine/beer cellar, I just milled logs yesterday for a red cedar log framed chalkboard for above the keezer (still need to build/finish it), I still need to put the final finish on the log bar stools, the list goes on and on and on and on and on................ This doesn't include any of the other crap that my wife wants me to build, renovate, upgrade, etc. in the rest of the house. I'm trying to find the right balance of getting enough done on my brewing projects to make reasonable progress, while at the same time incorporating things to satisfy what she wants done. There's just not enough time in the day......

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #182
WooHokie
Recipes 

damn man... your bar looks awesome

Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #183
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Thanks man, much appreciated. If you are interested, I'm doing similar builds for my dedicated brewing room and rustic fermentation chambers. Lots of knotty pine, cedar logs, and stainless steel! I'll add a links to my signature line at some point. Here's the link in interested.....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/hoppos-e-brewery-build-283510/

and

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/hoppos-rustic-fermentation-chambers-ale-lager-301274/

Thanks again.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #184
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I did a little work in the bar today. I have been putting it off long enough, so I decided to tackle the bar stool project. I purchased 4 rustic cedar log bar stools from a guy on CL quite a while ago. I got all 4 for $50, so $12.50 apiece. They were in pretty rough shape and needed refinishing. I stripped the old finish off and have spend hours on end sanding these things. Here's a pic of the first 3 with their first coat of polyurethane on them. The 4th one needs quite a bit more attention on sanding. I didn't want to over sand these things and lose the character in the logs, so they still have some gnarly qualities. I'll try to get the 4th one sanded later on, but I'm sick of this project already! Only 3 to 4 more coats of poly.

img_2430.jpg   img_2431.jpg   img_2432.jpg  

Old 03-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #185
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

While I had the polyurethane out, I decided to start the finish on my Oberon high boy pub table. I'm collaborating with the same guy who build my cedar log vanity for the bar bathroom to build a cedar log pool table. He has a buddy that builds pool tables, he has the milling equipment, and I have the logs, so hopefully one of the final touches will be a kick a$$ log pool table. I build this pub table out of cedar boards, knotty pine, and a piece of redwood left over from when I cut the sink opening out of my redwood countertop. It will sit next to the pool table for putting drinks on. The galvanized pipe is threaded on the ends and I found some threaded brackets that screw into the base and bottom of the table top. I drilled out Oberon mini kegs that will slide down over the pipe. The entire top will be filled with Oberon beer caps and then a layer of 2 step epoxy will be poure over the entire top.

img_2424.jpg   img_2421.jpg   img_2422.jpg  

Old 03-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #186
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

OK....one final project that I have been working on is a cedar log framed chalkboard. I had a b*tch of a time finding a chalkboard, but ended up finding this 24" x 18" blackboard at JoAnne Fabrics for $8. I build a log frame for it.

img_2429.jpg  

Hoppo's Rustic Basement Bar Build:

Hoppo's Knotty Pine/Cedar Log Keezer Build:

Hoppo's Rustic Dual Fermentation Chamber Builds:

Hoppo's Motorized Grain Mill:

Hoppo's Rustic E-Brewery Build:

Old 03-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #187
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I ripped a bunch of logs on my table saw the other day for the chalboard frame. I decided to do extra for trim pieces for my rustic fermentation chambers as well. I chose the 4 that I liked best for the frame and then used my trusty draw knife to knife the bar off. Then I sanded the hell out of the logs and cut to size. Finally, I put it together and put 4 coats of polyurethane on it. Once it is dry, I'll attach the chalkboard and install the hanging brackets on the back. Slowly but surely, I'm getting there.

img_2417.jpg   img_2412.jpg   img_2418.jpg   img_2428.jpg  

Old 03-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #188
BIGREDIOWAN
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Buddy, you do great work.

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice!"

Bottled:Kolsch
Bottled:Black Lager
In Primary:Pumpkin Ale
Planning:

Rolling Hills Brewing Co.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-m...-build-261067/

Old 03-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #189
joety
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppopotomus View Post
I ripped a bunch of logs on my table saw the other day for the chalboard frame. I decided to do extra for trim pieces for my rustic fermentation chambers as well. I chose the 4 that I liked best for the frame and then used my trusty draw knife to knife the bar off. Then I sanded the hell out of the logs and cut to size. Finally, I put it together and put 4 coats of polyurethane on it. Once it is dry, I'll attach the chalkboard and install the hanging brackets on the back. Slowly but surely, I'm getting there.
I inherited a draw knife from my grandpa. I may have to try this?

Secondaries - Sunday Night Hoppy Pale Ale
Lagering in Kegs - None

Kegged: American Wheat/Rye, Nut Brown Ale, Munich Helles, Belgian Stout, Resurrection Milk Stout, Bourbon County Stout, BLC
Bottled: Oaked Bourbon Porter
Planned: Baltic Porter

Old 03-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #190
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

The log framed chalkboard is complete!!! I tacked the board onto the back of the frame and finished the wall mounts. It's still very slightly tacky yet, but I had to put it on the wall to see how it looks. My original intent was to make the chalkboard much larger, but since this was the only size board that I could find, it is smaller than I wanted. I would have preferred that it was about 12" wider, but oh well. I plan on building cedar log/deer antler sconces on either side of the chalkboard to fill out the rest of the wall space. Just what I need....another project. I'll wait a couple of days for this to dry completely before I use chalk on the board to list my lineup.

img_2441.jpg   img_2443.jpg   img_2444.jpg   img_2445.jpg  

Quick Reply