Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Motor for Milling Station?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #11
FirstStateBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikescooling View Post
I don't want you to get hurt for something I said!!! If it were me (not you) I'd run power in through the capictor and in to the motor(red or blue) white is ground. From the pictures it looks like that is a run capictor and not a start capictor (I don't know). I would take an amp draw on start up and not let it run without a load for to long. I don't think I can tell you how many ways this can go bad, from the capictor blowing up spraying oil/acid or the motor shorting out the housing causing possible death.... just to show how little I know; how could a 1/3 hp motor lift a grown person up the stairs? I'm not saying it can't, I'm saying it's hard for me to understand.
Well, I wasn't planning to actually hook it up without someone that really knows what I have to help me. After doing some Google searches, I had questioned what kind of capacitor it was, as well. Prior to that, I didn't know there were different types.

The motor was used for a chandelier lift system that raises and lowers a chandelier on a cable so you can change the light bulbs without using a ladder. It's not for riding up and down the stairs! LOL!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply