Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > A More-Detailed Set of Plans for Brutus 10

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2010, 01:50 AM   #1
Cyan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default A More-Detailed Set of Plans for Brutus 10

Anyone know where to find 'em?

I bought the default set of plans from BYO; however, it's not too specific, e.g., where to drill holes for wiring, how far down to mount the burners, how to mount the burners, and many other things that we don't want to open up thread over.

Me and a couple others have emailed Lonnie askin' for more, but he's a busy guy (aren't we all?), and it's hard to get around to emailing EVERYONE back, so I understand and can't complain. He's a badass.

Does anyone have anything to add to the BYO plans based on THEIR brutus build? Details, pics, anything. Even just some pics showing the details/closeups.

I think there might be a lot of us out there saying "Excuse me, can we have a f*ckin' clue?"

j/k

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
dudasaj
Dude
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Have you searched the forums at all? There must be 3 dozen Brutus build threads on this website. Almost everyone of them is slightly customized. Different wiring, gas plumbing, control panel, burner type, burner design, ect. This is probably something you will need to customize on your own.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
Cyan
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudasaj View Post
Have you searched the forums at all? There must be 3 dozen Brutus build threads on this website. Almost everyone of them is slightly customized. Different wiring, gas plumbing, control panel, burner type, burner design, ect. This is probably something you will need to customize on your own.
Thanks for such helpful input!

Of course I searched the forums. I've been reading forums for weeks. Of course each one's a little different, as well as mine.

Let's make it nice and sparkling clear for you:

I need a more detailed set of plans. I've read on a couple forums that these plans exist. I would like to have them. I am not alone in saying this (other people want it, too); therefore, this will help a lot of people.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
Wheezer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyan View Post

Of course I searched the forums. I've been reading forums for weeks. Of course each one's a little different, as well as mine.

I need a more detailed set of plans. I've read on a couple forums that these plans exist. I would like to have them. I am not alone in saying this (other people want it, too); therefore, this will help a lot of people.
I second this. I am having some trouble in areas like where to drill holes for wiring. Lonnie said he drilled 17 holes in the original plans! (page 4 on reprint of BYO plans) I would like to know where, how big and for which wires. Any advice/more detailed plans would be awesome for wiring and electric in system.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #5
Suddy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyan View Post

while I do not have any detailed plans for this build, I can tell you something...

Being a dick will get you nowhere on this forum.

GL with the build.

Primary 1 - Mike's Mess up APA
Primary 2 - Kiwi Lime Hefe
Primary 3 - Nut brown
Primary 4- Pinot Noir

Kegged - Blonde Bimbo
Bottled - nada

Up Next: ESB, Chocolate Stout, Apple Wine

KNOTSANE Likes This 
Old 04-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
diatonic
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I hope this is okay with Lonnie, I came across these some time ago, and didn't know if there was a copyright issue. If there is a problem with this, let me know and I will remove the link.

There is a link to a 40 page PDF of Brutus 10 plans here <link removed>. I wasn't sure if there was a copyright issue so I've never shared that link.

.:diatonic:.

1° - Simple Cider (2/15/2014) - Saison Mead (6/26/2014) - En Perpetuum (Belgian sour base) (7/3/2014)
2° - Nuthin
Aging in a wine barrel - En Perpetuum—Solera (1/23/2011)
Kegs - May the Schwarz-Bier with you (2/9/2014) — Test Depth American Stout (8/29/2013), Big Red Imperial Red IPA (1/19/2014)

My brew rig is pretty much done :)
You should follow me on Twitter - My Brew Logs

Last edited by diatonic; 04-20-2010 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Stupid me should have checked with Lonnie before posting that link

Old 04-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
EarthBound
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddy View Post
Being a dick will get you nowhere on this forum.
i assume you know this from experience.

j/k... IMO, asking for help in such a way is ungrateful.

"You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision, determination, and an endless supply of beer."

Last edited by EarthBound; 04-20-2010 at 11:58 PM.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #8
Lonnie Mac
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diatonic View Post
I hope this is okay with Lonnie, I came across these some time ago, and didn't know if there was a copyright issue. If there is a problem with this, let me know and I will remove the link.

There is a link to a 40 page PDF of Brutus 10 plans. I wasn't sure if there was a copyright issue so I've never shared that link.
Actually my friend. Kindly remove this link to my plans in your post... I don't know who this is as I have not been able to find a damn email on his site but I gave no one permission to repost my plans. Hell, I give them away to those who ask nicely...

I have no copyright issues as I don't really care, but this is my work and not his. Kinda uncool in the world of homebrew for him to be doing that really without asking...

Thanks man...

Lonnie Mac...
President of the Brutus Ten cult!

Last edited by Lonnie Mac; 04-20-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #9
diatonic
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Really sorry about that Lonnie, I should have checked with you before posting the link.

.:diatonic:.

1° - Simple Cider (2/15/2014) - Saison Mead (6/26/2014) - En Perpetuum (Belgian sour base) (7/3/2014)
2° - Nuthin
Aging in a wine barrel - En Perpetuum—Solera (1/23/2011)
Kegs - May the Schwarz-Bier with you (2/9/2014) — Test Depth American Stout (8/29/2013), Big Red Imperial Red IPA (1/19/2014)

My brew rig is pretty much done :)
You should follow me on Twitter - My Brew Logs

Old 04-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #10
Lonnie Mac
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diatonic View Post
Really sorry about that Lonnie, I should have checked with you before posting the link.
No problem at all my friend... Thanks!

They really ain't much, and they really aren't that hard to find, and they don't add a bunch more detail, but it's kinda cool for me to keep track of them, and when I get emails (2 tonight from Australia, and 1 from Brazil) I kinda have fun sending them myself, and if possible, tell them to get the BYO backorder also for three bucks cus they look pretty dang nice in the mag!

Lonnie Mac...
President of the Brutus Ten cult!

Quick Reply