Last Sunday I brewed up my Westy 12 clone. I found out why my sparge seemed to take forever. My copper manifold I built, came apart during the mash/sparge process. Can't really tell when it happened, but when I was cleaning out the spent grains, the manifold had come apart.
The only piece that was still, somewhat attached, was the one long horizontal piece, that connects to the spigot. I guess I didn't assemble it properly. I have since, HOPEFULLY, remedied this issue. I remember reading on someone else's thread, to slightly bend the tube ends, to make them slightly oblong, then twist the pieces together. After cleaning the manifold, that is exactly what I did. Now I just hope it doesn't happen again.
On Deck - Crabapple Wine, Surly Furious clone
Secondary - Pomegranate Wine, Red Table Wine, Wild Fox Grape Wine
Bulk Aging - Brewtopia Barleywine, Sugar Beet Wine, Rhubarb wine, Blueberry Mead, Spiced Mead