MLT manifold issues
Last Sunday I brewed up my Westy 12 clone. I found out why my sparge seemed to take forever. My copper manifold I built, came apart during the mash/sparge process. Can't really tell when it happened, but when I was cleaning out the spent grains, the manifold had come apart.
The only piece that was still, somewhat attached, was the one long horizontal piece, that connects to the spigot. I guess I didn't assemble it properly. I have since, HOPEFULLY, remedied this issue. I remember reading on someone else's thread, to slightly bend the tube ends, to make them slightly oblong, then twist the pieces together. After cleaning the manifold, that is exactly what I did. Now I just hope it doesn't happen again.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 01:12 AM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.