mini randall attempt.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BreWirfel

Reaction score
here is my attempt to get some additional hops taste/aroma out of my recent batch of Coopers IPA. i should have done a dry hop secondary, but was curious as to the outcome of a prehopped Kit in a can.

A bunch of fittings, a faucet screen (to keep hops out of my glass) some 1 inch ID tube and some cascade hops packed in there. First glass has promising results....we will see how it works.

opinions?

5656_98218969899_752974899_2055100_2143611_n.jpg

Nice idea, will be curious to see how clean/easy/messy it will be to change it out for fresh hops. Keep us in the loop! Always looking for the next gadget.

Look cool man. You may want to replace those brass fittings with stainless though. I am not one to worry too much about bronze but I do remember reading that co2 can leach the copper out of it and may cause heavy metal poisoning. Not trying to rain on your parade, just looking out for you.

Look cool man. You may want to replace those brass fittings with stainless though. I am not one to worry too much about bronze but I do remember reading that co2 can leach the copper out of it and may cause heavy metal poisoning. Not trying to rain on your parade, just looking out for you.

yeah...i am aware of the possibilities of that, however for the trial run, i dont think i will have a problem, as it will only be a week or so until i decide if it works or not. if this works i am going to come up with a single stainless fitting instead of stacking 4 home depot fittings per side

as of now i am drinking my second beer from this setup. it isnt randall...but it does help

Update ?
Did this design work ?
How long did the hops last ?
Any ill effects of prolonged Randall hops ?

Searching for DIY ideas to tinker with...

Back