New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Mini Fridge Kegerator - Copper Pipe Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
zackh123
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Mini Fridge Kegerator - Copper Pipe Question

Hey I'm pretty new to this whole thing and I am making a tower dual tap out of a Frigidaire. I'm planned on drilling 2 holes and putting copper pipe through them. My question is what size diamond cutter should I get and what size copper pipe should I get? Also, if I plan to extend the pipe from the top of the tower into the fridge a good 2 inches, could someone give me a shot in the dark on how much pipe I need?

Any help is appreciated,

Zack

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 807 Times on 671 Posts

Wait - if you're installing a tower, wouldn't the hole you want to cut be determined by the base of said tower?

The length of the copper would be roughly the two inches, plus the thickness of the top of the fridge (call it an inch for now) plus the height from the tower column base to a point an inch or so below the hose clamp to the shank tail piece. Only you know that last dimension...

Cheers!

Old 08-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
zackh123
Recipes 

I'm installing a tower and I obviously need to run beer lines through copper pipe up to it through the fridge. I was wondering what size copper pipe do I need if I am looking to have 1 pipe per beer line. Some people are saying 1", others are saying less.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
Raenon
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackh123 View Post
I'm installing a tower and I obviously need to run beer lines through copper pipe up to it through the fridge. I was wondering what size copper pipe do I need if I am looking to have 1 pipe per beer line. Some people are saying 1", others are saying less.
"Obviously"?

I have a kegerator with tower, and no such copper pipes. They're not necessary.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
zackh123
Recipes 

I'm sorry, in no way was my intention to come off as a "know it all", because I can assure you, I'm not haha. This is the way me and my friend have agreed to it. I have decided that two 1/2" copper pipes will do the job for the beer line. Would you recommend a 1 3/8" hole or a 1 1/2" hole to fit the two 1/2" pipes through? (Snug vs. non-Snug).

Quick Reply