Miller / Coors Home Draft to regular or paintball CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen a few different ways of hooking these up to CO2 regulators. Has anyone figured out how to hook them up to a standard beer facet? I have a few of these that I'd like to start using for small experimental batches and be able to hook them up to a faucet on my keezer.

I've seen some posts that suggest our standard CO2 tanks (2.5, 5#, etc..) have 1/2" NPS (straight thread) fitting; while paintball tanks are 5/8"-18 UNF (also straight thread). I'm fairly certain the connector for the paintball tanks are PIN inject and O-ring. I've done some initial searching for a - 1/2" female NPS to 5/8"-18 male adapter with not a lot of luck (w/o going to a custom manufacture).

we've all seen these paintball tank adapters to regular CO2 regulators, The Adapter - CO2 Regulator to Paintball Tank Adapter; however we need the inversion of this adapter... I'm not seeing an easy fix at this time...

OPTIONS - could consider re-building the entire CO2 tank valve - remove the entire assembly and rebuild swappting a paintball tank connector (?). easy to say here - but i've not done that... (yet).

On the other note - careful how "front heavy" you get with these partyballs... if you go with to much added weight on the front end - as the system gets lighter - it will topple over!

cheers!
GT

Oops! Got 1/4 inch instead of 1/8". Will have to head back to home depot after my trip to the dealership for service. Also I'm afraid I may have drilled too far. We'll see as soon as I get my regulator.

Oops! Got 1/4 inch instead of 1/8". Will have to head back to home depot after my trip to the dealership for service. Also I'm afraid I may have drilled too far. We'll see as soon as I get my regulator.

There is a small plastic valve inside the system, that I too, drilled to far and it came out. I think I show it in the first video, but edited some of it out due to size... In the end - as long as you didn't drill all the way to the main "valve housing" (the black plastic section with the tap), you'll probably be okay.

Once opened, I took one of my small picks, and slid it into the housing and you can see where the air passes through... there is no internal regulators, or other complex systems (other than that plastic valve)... which leads me to believe it was a one way check valve... My guess, if pressure goes low, it helps close the system so liquids don't enter the air compartment, but as long as there's positive pressure, that will do the same...

cheers
GT

Did this the other day. only needed the 1/8 fitting as I had all the rest. I also picked up a small o-ring that fit in the opening before I taped and threaded the 1/8 fitting in. Not leaking at all and I did not put a lot of tape on. I may pick up another so I can have one that hooks up to my paintball co2 tank and one to hook up to an injector for when the beer is going to be gone in a few hours and I dont want to lug the tank and regulator.
excellent idea - thanks

does this mod allow the use of reg co2 cartridges also? i was looking to mod the actual cartridge itself cause i was hoping to be able and keep both ways of carbonizing just in case.

If you make this mod then this is the only method available to carbonate. You cannot have both available at the same time using this method.

Latest posts

Back