Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > The MaxOut Brew Station

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #371
Bru-noob
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

thanks and I will take you up on your offer.. Anything you have related to your BCS config will greatly reduce my install time... Also, your gas valves are Honeywell if I remember and they are the type with the HSI igniters? I think the igniters plug right into valve? Expensive Im sure but so worth it.. Part numbers perhaps? Also on your control panel if you have anything written up.. If not I am working with ebrewsupply and I'm sure they can lead me to the correct parts and wiring diagrams.... Thanks again!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2013, 02:43 AM   #372
clarksc4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 9 Posts

Good use of kitchen auction stuff! I worked in a kitchen for 5 years and I'm not surprised the fridge in the table was dead, but that's a sweet looking setup.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #373
MaxOut
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru-noob View Post
thanks and I will take you up on your offer.. Anything you have related to your BCS config will greatly reduce my install time... Also, your gas valves are Honeywell if I remember and they are the type with the HSI igniters? I think the igniters plug right into valve? Expensive Im sure but so worth it.. Part numbers perhaps? Also on your control panel if you have anything written up.. If not I am working with ebrewsupply and I'm sure they can lead me to the correct parts and wiring diagrams.... Thanks again!!!
Message me your email and I'll send you some recent config files with the three keg set up. The Honeywell valves I used were the SmartValves and someone had or has a few for sale in the classifieds HBT classifieds recently you may want to check. I have the HSI with pilot. I didn't trust the HSI alone on such large burners so the HSI lights the pilot then the burner. It delays the cycle time but not an issue at all because you really don't want to short cycle the valve anyway. I really don't have any panel wiring diagrams but could answer any question you may have. Most diagrams posted on HBT should be good if tried and true. I will suggest you use SSR' and leave plenty of room in your panel expansion. I also have three way switches on burners, pumps and a punch button I use to pause or skip a process depending on the state. These switches allow me to go from off /on/auto manually. For example if you want to use your burners or pumps you can without the BCS or you can go to on/off during a process as needed.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #374
MaxOut
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksc4 View Post
Good use of kitchen auction stuff! I worked in a kitchen for 5 years and I'm not surprised the fridge in the table was dead, but that's a sweet looking setup.
Thanks, It was a bummer but Since I replaced the compressor it has worked flawless since. I mainly use it for small batch variations and yeast starters ow that I have the larger conicals. Fits into my brewery nicely. I still like the "all in one" BrewStation from grain to keg and even glass if I wanted to serve from the fermenter.

Quick Reply