Cheers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #362
parkerhd36
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

First off, incredible build. I had already stolen a few ideas for my own. I had been thinking about rigging up a hand truck for pumping/chilling/oxygenation, when I found yours. Exactly what I had in mind. Have you had a chance to put together a build list? Any tips or pointers on building something like this? I will primarily be working with 5-15 gallon batches, I assume the sizing of everything would work fine with that size of a batch. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for the inspiration!

Old 09-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #363
MaxOut
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerhd36
First off, incredible build. I had already stolen a few ideas for my own. I had been thinking about rigging up a hand truck for pumping/chilling/oxygenation, when I found yours. Exactly what I had in mind. Have you had a chance to put together a build list? Any tips or pointers on building something like this? I will primarily be working with 5-15 gallon batches, I assume the sizing of everything would work fine with that size of a batch. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for the inspiration!
Thank you, I never really put together a build list for the brew cart but with the pictures you can see all the parts. Aside from the Chugger pump the majority of the stainless was purchased from Glacier Tanks. My only advice is to keep the pump at the lowest point and all is good. If you need some close ups or specific info I would be glad to get it for you.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #364
pjcampbell
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

MaxOut,

Sorry if this is a repeat:
Which sizes of the Glacier tank conical do you have? Are they the 50 gal? IF so, do you know if there's any consumer based freezer that'll those will fit in?

Do you know the difference between the "commercial" and "consumer" (uni) 50 gallon conical?

Thanks very much.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #365
MaxOut
Recipes 

Mine are the 25 gallon. Actual volume is 31 gallon. You will be hard pressed to find a consumer freezer that will house a 50 gallon fermenter. The 50 gallon were not much more money than the 25 but I went with the 25 just for that reason. If you really need the 50 gallon a good option would be a small walk in freezer. You can find them used all the time on Craigslist for under 1k. Walk in boxes are just metal skinned panels and can be cut down to any size. I'm in the market for one now to consolidate my aging and serving kegs.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #366
pjcampbell
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the response.

This was the freezer I had i mind. It seems to be discontinued. ha. I bet with a little mod of the legs of the F.V. it could fit though (maybe just a custom order for shorter legs). I'll keep researching.

Dimensions for the F.V. Glacier says: 1600mm x 600mm (63"H x 23.7"D)

http://www.whirlpool.com/-%5BEV250NX...ontent=Default

Old 10-29-2013, 12:07 AM   #367
BC_Brews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOut View Post
Hello, I have been visiting HBT for several months while building my all grain brew system and have finally decided to share what I call the MaxOut Brew Station. Many thanks go out to others who post here who have helped inspire me too many to mention. I have had a lot of fun building and brewing on this project and it will continue to be a work in progress. When I started this I had no idea I would go to the extent I did with virtually no actual brewing experience other than a couple of attempts with small brew kits years ago. The one thing I did know is that I love beer, love to cook and love to build things so the sickness set in rather quickly consuming all of my free time. I have read thousands of posts on this forum, brew Wiki from beginning to end and every available piece of information I could get my hand on since I started this project. At several point’s it seemed I analyzed till I was paralyzed and almost threw in the towel. I am a huge Moosehead fan and have had it on tap in my garage for many years. It became harder for me to find a reliable source to provide fresh Moosehead kegs and as each dried up I kept the last keg and moved on. Over time I had acquired 3 Euro kegs and this is when I decided to research if they could be used for something useful and how I stumbled into brewing. So officially in October of 2010 I decided I was going to build a 3 vessel, HERMS, single tier, all grain, brew system and the project began.

I originally was looking at a Brutis 10 style stand but since it had all ready been done so many times I decided I wanted something different with work space attached. So I focused on the vessels’ first and would worry about the stand as I went along. Based on information gathered here I also decided some of the minimum vessel requirements for the system I intended to build. I wanted to go completely stainless, tig welded couplers, stainless heat exchanger, camLoks, silicone tubing and min ½” plumbing. Well this is how it went….

AWESOME build man!!! Looks great!!

Old 10-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #368
MaxOut
Recipes 

With some mods you may be able to get it to fit. Make sure you leave room for the thermoprobe in front, extra height for reinforcing the floor, and fittings on top. The 50 gallon fermenter will weigh over 600lbs when full standing on three points is allot of pressure.

MaxOut Brew Station on AHA

Old 12-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #369
Bru-noob
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

I have to add my wow... Wow!!! Max I am just starting our with AG and have been looking for someone who has built what I want to build and finally I came across this thread.. I too want to be semi automated and use gas.. Your set up (Pre Steroids!) is exactly what I want to do.. I hope you wont mind sharing some info with me on your BCS wiring and gas and valve set up... IT is exactly what I want to build.. Congrats and thanks for sharing!!!

Old 12-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #370
MaxOut
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru-noob
I have to add my wow... Wow!!! Max I am just starting our with AG and have been looking for someone who has built what I want to build and finally I came across this thread.. I too want to be semi automated and use gas.. Your set up (Pre Steroids!) is exactly what I want to do.. I hope you wont mind sharing some info with me on your BCS wiring and gas and valve set up... IT is exactly what I want to build.. Congrats and thanks for sharing!!!
I would be happy to share what ever you need. I could even send you my BCS files for you to use as guidelines. Depending on your wiring you would only need to change in/out address. Thanks for your kind words. I am proud of how it turned out and I too looked long and hard before building this set up. It's always a work in progress and finally at a point that only little mods are made.

MaxOut Brew Station on AHA

Quick Reply