Note: this is from an older post of mine but updated with dimensions… so I thought I’d share it as a new thread
I brewed the other day and got a stuck sparge; after blowing into the silicon hose the end of the screen floated up to the top… this has been a headache from day one when trying to mix over 22lbs+ of crushed grain with a paddle and constantly hitting the screen. Anyway, after cleaning up, the screen looked like this:
Piece of *&$@!!!! But in darkness, as always, I turned to HBT for light and with the help from others I made this:
I used a dremel tool to cut the slits (used two 1/32 cutting wheels sandwiched together) and was going to solder but after testing it, the pieces are air tight.
It fits snug in my 10g round cooler and my dead space went from 0.4 gallons to 0.078 gallons (or 1 ¼ cup)!