New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Making a fermentation chamber out of kitchen cabinet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #21
BeardedIdiot
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbeckett View Post
Do you remember the make of the one you have with the coils on the exterior? I can't remember if mine are internal or external. I may have to spring for a new mini fridge if mine is the wrong style. I was thinking if I ran into that issue I would just buy a used full sized fridge and use it as is. There are a few used dealers who have fridges and other appliances really cheap. Most of em are repaired haul offs from other major retailers like sears or the big box hardware chains. Hmmmmm, got me thinkin now. I like the wood cabinet idea a lot, especially the usable furniture aspect so I may have to modify my plans yet again.... Darn now I am confused again.
Wheelchair Bob
Sorry

I don't remember the make off the top of my head. I will check when I get home. I had bought another mini-fridge off craigslist, where I had pointedly asked if it had the coils on the back, and was told yes. When I got there, there were no coils on the back. The compressor was, and that's what they thought I was talking about . I ended up buying it anyways. Hopefully I can make a lager chamber out of it or maybe a small kegerator.

CL is a great place to find them. You generally have to look for the older ones. And make sure to ask to see a picture of the back of the fridge, so you can tell if the coils are external, or embedded in the sides.

You can use a fridge where the coils are embedded in the sides, its just a lot more labor intensive to remove them, and won't look as nice mounted on a cabinet.

Kegged: Galaxy/Vienna SMaSH Pale Ale
Kegged: Prohibition Lager
Kegged: Ricks Red Ale
Kegged: Wheat
Bottled: LH Milk Stout Clone
Primary 1: Biermunchers Centennial Blonde
On Deck: Milk Stout, SNPA clone, maybe a pale ale so I can use my homegrown hops to dry hop.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2012, 02:07 AM   #22
BeardedIdiot
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Apparently my mini-fridge is an old GE ~4cu.ft. It was manufactured right here in Louisville in October, 1992. So this little mini-fridge is 20 years old next week, and still runs good and cold!

Kegged: Galaxy/Vienna SMaSH Pale Ale
Kegged: Prohibition Lager
Kegged: Ricks Red Ale
Kegged: Wheat
Bottled: LH Milk Stout Clone
Primary 1: Biermunchers Centennial Blonde
On Deck: Milk Stout, SNPA clone, maybe a pale ale so I can use my homegrown hops to dry hop.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply