Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Main Gas Pipe to gas valve fitting?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
petrostar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Main Gas Pipe to gas valve fitting?

I have three Gas valves with Propane conversion kits on them. I also have the 1/2" hard gas pipe I will be running with my Brutus build. My question is, the Propane burners that I have all have 1/4" male threads on them that are of a FINE threading. The outlet of the propane gas valve is a 1/2" female. Where do I find what I am looking for? LOL, what am I looking for? Thanks ahead of time, if you need a picture of what I'm talking about let me know. its a burner off of a bayou classic not a banjo.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 01:43 AM   #2
de3isit
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I just did the same thing. I used 3/8" copper tubing with a 1/4" flare fitting on both ends. On the gas valve side I used a 1/4" flare x 1/2" male pipe adapter.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
OneHoppyGuy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Fine thread brass fittings doesn't sound right.
Here are photos of the different components:

Which burners are you using? Which valves?

Brewright. All Rights Reserved. We reserve the right to brew and to help you brew. To protect the brew and defend the brew. To make the brew and drink the brew.

BrewSteel.com
BrewSteel on Facebook

Old 01-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
petrostar
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The valves are brand new with 1/2" female ins/outs. The hose going into the burner looks just like the one to the right with the threaded brass nipple. I actually have two regulator hoses. Each of the hoses has the propane burner orifice on it that screws into the burner. The opposite end of that hose, I want to have go into the OUT gas valves. I took the regulator off of that end and am left with a Brass Male Thread, not female. Basically this is what I want my setup to do...

Propane tank - On/Off gas petcock - Propane Regulator - 1/2" gas main line - 2 Taps off main hardpiped into Gas valves IN - 1/2" Male Nipple OUT to Burners IN orifice.

The Nipple out to burners in is the connection I'm talking about, I see you have a 1/2" brass valve with a reducer on it. Where did you get the 2-female ended propane line and where did you get valve. I'll just have to return one of these burner regulators. I will adjust my burner pressures via the primary regulator and at the gas valves with a manometer.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
petrostar
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I see I only needed to look for the hoses on your online store but what about those valves?

Old 01-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
OneHoppyGuy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 52

The valves are standard gas supply valves

Brewright. All Rights Reserved. We reserve the right to brew and to help you brew. To protect the brew and defend the brew. To make the brew and drink the brew.

BrewSteel.com
BrewSteel on Facebook

Old 01-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #7
CollinsBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The yellow flex hose that you can get for appliances at Lowe's or Home Depot comes with 3/8" Flare to 1/2"MIP fittings on each end. It's also rated for less than 2psi. I used the one with the built in safety valve coming out of the Honeywell valves and used a 3/8" Flare to 1/4 FIP to connect to the burner.

Here's the valve connection:

and this is the connection going to the burner:

Flying, golfing, boating and brewing. The first is my job. The other three I wish were my job.

“I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of Communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working.”

Single Tier Wooden Brutus build

Old 01-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
petrostar
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Ok, I am still confused. Here is the connection that I have to go into my BG12 burners. The regulator hoses come with this burner orifice on them. I will be regulating the pressure twice, once at the propane tank via a regulator and the second time at the gas valve. I just want one fitting coming from my gas valve into the burner but cant figure out how to do that because of that tip on my hose. Do I have to use that tip or can I just go get one of the ones like you have shown screwed into your burner.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #9
petrostar
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Here it is

2012-01-26_14-20-58_478.jpg  

Old 01-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #10
CollinsBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Is the piece you took out of the regulator a flare fitting or standard pipe thread? Either way, you'd need a 1/2" MIP reduced to whatever size your fitting is coming out of your gas valve. I think that's what you're asking??

As far as your other* fitting goes, if you're going to use that hose, then it looks like you're stuck with that fitting as it's crimped onto your hose.

Flying, golfing, boating and brewing. The first is my job. The other three I wish were my job.

“I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of Communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working.”

Single Tier Wooden Brutus build

Quick Reply