Love TS2-010 temp control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewboy5150

Reaction score
I just got a mini fridge to use as a fermentation cabinet. I also just picked up a Love Temp control. I got the TS2-010. What is the best way to power the unit. I am trying to find information on the web but am having some trouble. Is there a way that I can wire it so I don't have to cut into the fridge. I would just like to be able to plug the fridge into it somehow.

I haven't used a Love Temp Controller but I assume its like all the others out there that require a temperature sensor to be inside the area being controlled. However, depending on the size of the sensor there might be a way to insert it without having to "cut into" the fridge.

Basically, you just need to buy a box, a waterproof outlet, and a love controller. Assemble together and you are done. The fancy removable sensor is not necessary.

There is a thread dedicated to wiring new love controllers if you do a search.

I just got a mini fridge to use as a fermentation cabinet. I also just picked up a Love Temp control. I got the TS2-010. What is the best way to power the unit. I am trying to find information on the web but am having some trouble. Is there a way that I can wire it so I don't have to cut into the fridge. I would just like to be able to plug the fridge into it somehow.

Is there a way that I can wire it so I don't have to cut into the fridge. I would just like to be able to plug the fridge into it somehow.
Yeah, you can. The easiest way is to use an old extension cord and wire that right into the Love controller, then you can just plug your freezer into that. Be sure to set the thermostat on the freezer to the coldest it goes, that way you know it will always be on and the love controller will over ride it anyway.

If you are going to use the above method use the first diagram in the thread Boerderij_Kabouter linked, the one with the jumper. If you decide to wire it directly into the freezer (I would recommend this if you plan on this permenatly being a kegerator), use the second diagram in the thread as the wires will fit in the Loves holes easier without the jumper.

As far as the power, does everyone use a power supply or is it wired in somehow? This model has a pin connection for what looks like a power supply.

Double posted threads merged (yes, it IS a double post, brewboy). Minor edits to remove rude/abusive language. Next time, continue the conversation in the existing thread without the personal attacks.

Now, to be helpful...there is no power supply required other than 110VAC (which comes straight out of the wall). If you can't follow the wiring diagram, you should get a professional to help you wire the controller. Working with 110VAC can be pretty dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

All love controls are different. I need to know how the one that I have is wired up. Also, can someone post some photographs rather than a computer drawing.

I just read the datasheet for the TS2 series. The pinout on the diagram posted above is identical to the one you own. If you can't follow that schematic, once again, I HIGHLY recommend you get a professional's help.

Here's mine.

LoveController.jpg

It's just hanging by a zip tie and has worked great this way for 2 years.

I uses this method of wiring.

love_ts13010_16a_wiring.jpg

I got mine all wired up but am a bit confused on the parameter programing, is the set point just one ideal temp or do you need to set a high and low? I hav'nt started trying yet, dont want to screw it up.

I believe that model number TS2-010 runs on 110 V so you can just split the wire coming from the wall and power the unit with that. But there should be a hot wire running to the thermostat that's already on the fridge you can split that one to power the temp switch.

I got mine all wired up but am a bit confused on the parameter programing, is the set point just one ideal temp or do you need to set a high and low? I hav'nt started trying yet, dont want to screw it up.

You dont set a high and low. You need to program it either for cooling or heating, in which case your set point determines whether it closes the circuit or opens the circuit.

The Love controllers are used all over the place in my brewing environment. I have 2 on a brew stand that open/close a solenoid valve to supply gas (heating). And I have one on my keezer that closes the circuit to turn on the compressor (cooling).

The single sheet of paper that came with them has all the programming codes. The only ones you really need to concern yourself with are the mode (cooling/heating) and the set point. The set point can be changed with out going into the programming mode. If you are so inclined you can set the max temp that the set point is allowed to be set at.

Yeh.. The directions that came with are pretty vague.. At least for someone who has never used one. I got it goin fine now. The unit is a TS 13010. The wiring was easy and its working great.

Another question. To be able to use heat with my TS2 control........would I need a dual temp control. Or is there a way to run the mini fridge to cool and wire up a way to have a light bulb or something to use as heat?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/wh...ntroller-fermentation-temp-controlling-92324/

You can either use a dual stage controller, (not the one you have) or you can just have a heating element (light bulb, heat blanket, etc.) and change the mode on the controller. The above link is a pretty good discussion of it for both sides. It really depends on what level of control want and how much tinkering you are willing to do.

Latest posts

Back