Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > looking for help 5 gal bucket for all grain

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
gmaupin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default looking for help 5 gal bucket for all grain

I know that a cooler is better for a mlt but I have some extra buckets does any one have a diagram for a 5 gal bucket mlt that they can point me to ? Thanks a bunch

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
JonK331
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Mosher has a good description in Radical Brewing. There is also a description in Papazian. I use the bucket in bucket method with lots of holes drilled (1/8 or a size smaller) in the bottom of the inner bucket. The outer bucket is fitted with a plastic spigot. Just wrap the bucket(s) with old towels and cover with your kettle lid for insulation. You can also buy a false bottom and use only one bucket. This method has been working very well for me for a while now.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
Richabt
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I still use an old bottling bucket for an MLT. I added a stainless braid and wrapped it with Reflectix insulation, it hold temps great and works fine.
My only complaint is the size, 5 gallons will handle most of my brews, but there are times when I want to make a bigger beer and need more room.

Quick Reply