Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Like old VeeDubs? Like homebrewing? Here you go.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
kaeptnerdnuss
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Like old VeeDubs? Like homebrewing? Here you go.

I found this in a veedub forum but i thought you guys might like it too.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=526482

are there any similar projects yet?

cheers

Old 09-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 421 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 648

That is purdy awesome!!!!

Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #3
KPSquared
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Geez, if you're going to blatantly break the law, it's pretty ballsy to post on the internet in full detail. . .or is there some rule about campers that doesn't apply?

Either way, it's pretty awesome!

Old 09-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
philber
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 37

As a former camper owner, I am kicking myself for not keeping my campers. In CT you are allowed open containers of alcohol for passengers. The next camper will have this setup, a little more discretely in the rear clothing locker...Maybe the shower can be the tap And of course this will be used only for camping.

Fermenting: Golden Ale, APA
Kegged: Kolsh, Coal Porter, Sweet Stout, Seltzer Water

History: Irish Red, Brown Ale, Czech Plsner, Boddingtons, Saizon Dupont, American Amber, Hefe 2-Row, Cream Ale, SWMBO Slayer, BMC, Midwest Porter Kit, Irish Stout, Coal Porter, Miller Lite, Nut Brown Ale, IPA

Old 09-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #5
kh54s10
Recipes 

Liked 653 Times on 554 Posts
Likes Given: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by philber View Post
As a former camper owner, I am kicking myself for not keeping my campers. In CT you are allowed open containers of alcohol for passengers. The next camper will have this setup, a little more discretely in the rear clothing locker...Maybe the shower can be the tap And of course this will be used only for camping.
When did they change the law? I lived in CT from 68-83 and I am pretty sure it was illegal then???

Old 09-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
philber
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh54s10 View Post
When did they change the law? I lived in CT from 68-83 and I am pretty sure it was illegal then???
CT Law

/* snip */
Six states, including Connecticut, do not have an open container law, but prohibit the consumption of alcohol in certain circumstances. One state, Mississippi, has neither an open container law nor an alcohol consumption prohibition. Nice!

To comply with the federal program, an open container law must meet certain requirements. Among other things, the law must apply to all vehicle occupants. But, the law may provide an exception for open containers of alcoholic beverages possessed by passengers “in the passenger area of a motor vehicle designed, maintained, or used primarily for the transportation of persons for compensation” (e.g., buses, taxicabs, and limousines). Of the 40 federally-compliant jurisdictions, four do not include such an exemption for paying passengers. The other 36 include the exemption as phrased in the federal statute, or some variation of it. Thus, for example, passengers in a registered, permitted limousine operated by a properly licensed driver and in accordance with applicable laws may possess open containers and consume alcoholic beverages in the passenger area of the limousine.

No jurisdiction exempts open containers possessed by passengers in a privately owned vehicle (i.e., one that is not designed, maintained, and used primarily for transporting paying passengers) driven by a person passengers hired for the specific purpose of driving them so they can possess open containers and consume alcoholic beverages in the vehicle.

However, two states (North Dakota and Washington) exempt open containers in the passenger area of a privately owned motor vehicle operated by a person in the course of his or her usual employment and transporting passengers at the employer's direction. Love that one too!

Fermenting: Golden Ale, APA
Kegged: Kolsh, Coal Porter, Sweet Stout, Seltzer Water

History: Irish Red, Brown Ale, Czech Plsner, Boddingtons, Saizon Dupont, American Amber, Hefe 2-Row, Cream Ale, SWMBO Slayer, BMC, Midwest Porter Kit, Irish Stout, Coal Porter, Miller Lite, Nut Brown Ale, IPA

Old 09-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
Kahler
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That is simply amazing. i love it.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #8
mmurray
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by philber View Post
[/COLOR] One state, Mississippi, has neither an open container law nor an alcohol consumption prohibition. Nice!
Yet it's illegal to homebrew beer...

“God bless Homebrewing Beer. There are many things a man can do with his time. And this, is better than those things.”

Gulf Coast Brewers League

Quick Reply