New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kenmore 5.0 for a keezer = tight fit!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #1
aksea102
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Kenmore 5.0 for a keezer = tight fit!!

I have been getting ready to build a keezer for some time now, purchasing faucets, shanks, regulator etc when I had the cash. I recently noticed that Sears has an appliance layaway plan now (in the past appliances werent applicable). Thought this might be a good way to purchase a 5.0cf chest freezer, but not drop the $$ all at once.
So off to Sears I went today, equipped with my corny keg circular cardboard cutouts and a tape measure.
Here's the heads up...crikey, the Kenmore 5.0 would make for an extremely tight fit for two cornies on the floor of that freezer.
Unfortunately I dont have the space for a 7.0+ cf keezer (bye bye layaway plan) so I hit Lowe's up to check out the Holiday 5.0. Much better fit for two cornies on the floor.

This is where I ask for help...I have poured thru keezer build threads and to be honest, I am getting a bit dizzy!! Does anyone have a bookmarked thread for dummies (or in my case, a chick without tons of tools, or DIY knowledge)? I definitely want to build a collar but attach it to the lid. The less height I have to clear, the better...and safer!!

Thanks in advance-

"Don't assume I want a flippin' wheat beer because I have breasts."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #2
TomSD
Da Geek
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 15

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keezer-collar-coastarine-way-99753/

Is a good start.

Johnson Controller rewire
| Keezer (FCM7SUWW) build | Love Controller box build | Soda Syrups/Concentrates

God is an imaginary friend for grownups., Walter Crewes (Morgan Freeman), The Big Bounce

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions they're easier to handle than dumb mistakes!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply