The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Keggle help: westside of Indianapolis

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
IndianaBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Keggle help: westside of Indianapolis

Hi All,

I am in the process of building two keggles for my brew setup and thought I would reach and see of there are brewers on the Westside of Indianapolis that could assist in the process. Specifically, I need one top cut off and I am considering to have bulkheads TIG welded as well. If you know someone that could assist please let me know.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
IndianaBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Also is anyone involved in the Angry Beavers brew club in Avon? I found the club online but have not been able to get ahold of anyone. Thanks.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:18 AM   #3
kylevester
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm up in Lafayette and if you're willing to travel I could help, but I recommend just buying an angle grinder and go with weldless fittings. The weldless can be converted to welded in the future if you want that option.

I bought an angle grinder and cutting wheels at Lowe's to do some conversions along with a quality step bit for less than $200. Both of these tools will last a long time and provide me with more flexibility in my projects, so I considered the investment worth it.

Also, try neighbors for an angle grinder. You may get someone else interested in homebrewing.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:53 AM   #4
IndianaBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the offer! I don't think I will be in Lafayette soon, but I appreciate it.

Good idea on the weldless. That's what I have been leaning to, can always go to welded later. Right now, I figure I will put the least amount of money into the keggle and then add the extra stuff later.

I need to get the neighbors involved. They probably wonder what I'm doing carrying the empty kegs around!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
lindenboy
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Just in case you are still looking around for somewhere to buy your equipment and ingredients, if you get over to Indy often, stop by Tuxedo Park Brewers in Fountain Square. We have all that stuff and the capacity to create what you need or help you DIY.

Jason
Tuxedo Park Brewers Supply
Indianapolis, IN
http://www.tuxedoparkbrewers.com/
jason-at-tuxedoparkbrewers.com

Quick Reply