Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerator: Sylvania SE80106-2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2007, 01:52 AM   #61
BeerCanuck
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Just got a Tower and Distributer

I just picked up a tower and distributer for my beer brewing buddies Sylvania conversion

He wanted something different from my system. A single tap works well with a 2 keg kegerator from my experience... one serving / one force priming.

I plan on converting soon using this predone tower... should be easier / shinier

BeerCanuck

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2007, 01:57 AM   #62
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Very nice! I wanted a stainless tower too but now that I have the DIY one I love it, it looks really slick. Can't say I agree about a single tap tower though, I like having a stout and something else on tap at the same time (I LOVE stout ). I don't force carbonate so that's not an issue for me, I like doing natural carbonation.

I'm one of those guys who wishes he could have a beer engine. Too bad I'd never be able to get through a keg anywhere near fast enough.

Projects: Sylvania Kegerator Conversion, Tower Cooling, Grain Milling Station

Old 11-26-2007, 01:24 AM   #63
BeerCanuck

Recipes 

Just mounted the single tap tower to my buddies Sylvania kegerator

I used the 1/2 copper pipe to run the beer line into the fridge. Easy conversion second time around. Just testing the C02 and need one more hose clamp but probably christen her tommorrow.

Good idea with the copper cooling solution Bradsul

Cheers
BeerCanuck

Old 06-17-2009, 12:54 AM   #64
eviljafar

Recipes 

I'm digging up an old thread.

I"m wondering what alternatives I have to replace the door lining of the Sylvania SE80106-2 bar fridge I picked up second hand a couple of days ago. I have already read bradsul's wiki entry and mr x's post about this fridge here on HBT.

The fridge came unconverted with a sheet of 4mm thick corflute/coroplast, which was intended to replace the door lining, but the corflute is too thick, and when I tried to use it the the seal was very distorted and I can't get the seal underneath the corflute all the way around. In fact I can't even close the door, let alone get a good seal. So I guess I need something a lot thinner.

I have found 2mm thick corflute on the web, maybe that will do the job, but I haven't seen it at a store near me. Bradsul mentions dry-erase (whiteboard) material, but I'm not sure what that is or where to get it. A couple of friends have suggested plexiglass and aluminium, but I have no workshop or tools and I would prefer to use something I can cut with an exacto. And as I don't have a car I would especially like something that is easy to find downtown Montreal.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Old 06-17-2009, 01:20 AM   #65
BeerCanuck

Recipes 

The dry erase board I picked up at Home Depot..had to ask a sales person where it was located.

Cheers
Steve

Old 06-17-2009, 02:04 AM   #66
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer

Recipes 

A piece of 1/8" lexan should do the trick. You can get that at Home Depot and it can be cut with a straight edge of some sort and a utility knife. Make several passes though.

The whiteboard can be had at Home Depot as BeerCanuck mentioned or you can get them from Staples[/any random office supply] (which is where mine came from). You'll just have to remove the frame it comes with (they had less interesting uses in mind I guess ).

Old 06-17-2009, 02:21 AM   #67
eviljafar

Recipes 

Thanks for the replies.

Is 1/8" too thick? That's about 3.15mm, and I thought the 4mm corflute was way too thick. How thick is the dry-erase stuff? I was thinking something 1-2mm thick would be good but maybe I'm going too far towards the thin end of things?

Old 06-17-2009, 02:29 AM   #68
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer

Recipes 

You're right, I think the dry-erase is probably more like 1/16". You should be able to find lexan in that thickness as well, but I would imagine the dry erase is cheaper.

Quick Reply