Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerator Fridge - Haier HNSE05

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
timbudtwo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default Kegerator Fridge - Haier HNSE05

Sorry for anyone coming in here looking for a build log, if this one works out, you will get it.

My girlfriend has this from college and it has been sitting in her garage and she asked if I wanted to use it for lagering/kegerating. I knew it was a freezer top style fridge so I assumed it would be relegated to lagering but after seeing so many people actually bend the freezer out of the way I figured I would give it a whack. But I am new to brewing and I have more experience with power tools than I do with brewing equipment.

I do not have any corny kegs sitting around, and I have looked up various dimensions of these things and I have found between 8-9 inches in diameter, and about 23-25 inches tall depending on the lock style. The fridge measures 28" tall on the inside, and at the diagonal it measures 18 inches from INSIDE the motor hump. I didn't measure the full depth as I am more concerned about fitting two cornies inside. I could probably squeeze another inch or two if I take off the plastic that is on the door.

Does this sound like a good canidate for kegeration? I would be able to buy a couple of used corny kegs from craigslist, but I was also planning on getting a kit from keg connection, and they don't sell a two spout kit sans kegs. Unless someone in the east bay has a couple of corny kegs I could borrow for a couple hours, I will probably have to build first and ask questions later.

Advice, suggestions, snide remarks?

All appreciated,
Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
KUbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Did you ever convert this fridge? I'm looking at the same one and wondering if it will fit 2 cornys.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply