Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > kegerator fermintation chamber questions..

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
Korben
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default kegerator fermintation chamber questions..

I just need some advice here. I want to take a chest freezer (I think this would be the easiest) and convert it to a fermentation chamber (mainly for lagering and crash cooling) and have room for approximately 2 corny kegs.. I just have two questions. 1. Is this a good idea? 2. What size chest cooler would i need to accomplish this? Also, my primaries are a couple buckets and a 6 gallon better bottle if that helps with dimensions..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
MoRoToRiUm
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

If you get a ranco/johnson/temperature controller, it's a great idea! Controlling your fermentation tempatures greatly affects your beer.

Check out the sticky on sizing your keezer in the bottling/kegging thread- The only thing is, most people size with cornies in mind. Hopefully they're only one or two sizes you're dealing with, and it might help. Otherwise, I guess the only thing I can recommend is check it out for sizes of known freezers and stage your buckets to see if they will fit.

Good luck!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply