The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerator is currently a ferment chamber.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
Blitzkrieg
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Kegerator is currently a ferment chamber.

Hey everybody, I got my STC-1000's in the mail today and couldn't wait to hook one up. I have the costco Danby fridge that will eventually be turned into my dual tap kegerator, but for now I figured I could set it up to finish off fermenting my blonde lager so that my better half will stop whining about the entire basement being 13°C... Here's what I came up with:
imageuploadedbyhome-brew1391044135.874494.jpg
Here you can see the plastic carboy that fits just in the lower portion with its heat belt and temp probe attatched.
imageuploadedbyhome-brew1391044238.654488.jpg
And here's a close up of the temp controller which ironically enough fits right where the old thermostat was. It was a bit of a pain to get all the wiring to fit in there but I feel the end result is a pretty clean install. Once I get my kegerator kit I'll take the heat belt out and use it later on for a proper ferment chamber.

Anyway, just thought I would share, happy homebrew Wednesday everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Old 02-10-2014, 03:59 AM   #2
JPrather
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 190

I saw your post about this in another thread. Bumping this cause it needs to get more love for being slick as hell. Good job.

I just got myself an older version of the same basic design (DWC440, a combo wine chiller/fridge). I am seriously considering trying to wire up one of those STC units not because this is really slick. I may have to pick your brain for some details in the not to distant future.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply