New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerator Conversion with Danby DAR440BL?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #31
estoppel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think the 4.4 cu All-Fridge Danby DAR125SLDD is more or less the same fridge as this. Has anyone else seen this fridge?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #32
CTS
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Anyone else hear of using the Danby DAR125SLDD
Model

Old 04-27-2011, 07:37 PM   #33
CTS
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Anyone else hear of using the Danby DAR125SLDD
Model for a kegorator? They have them here for $149 and I am thinking of getting one to try.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #34
estoppel
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

CTS: I can help. I use the DAR125 SLDD. It will fit two kegs no problem. All you have to do is remove the plastic shelves fromt he door, which was all of 6 screws. Then just reattach the rubber gasket to the door and you are set. I used adhesive, but I think'll have to screw it in because the adehsive I used wasn't very good and it sometimes comes off.

I haven't installed a tower, so I have no advice in that dept. I just use picnic taps. I ran the gas line in through the drain hole. I had to drill it out a bit because it had a plug in it (and I wanted the fridge to drain and not be plugged by the gas hose). I use a 20lb C02 tank, so there was no way I was fitting that in too!

Old 05-04-2011, 03:58 AM   #35
CTS
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by estoppel View Post
CTS: I can help. I use the DAR125 SLDD. It will fit two kegs no problem. All you have to do is remove the plastic shelves fromt he door, which was all of 6 screws. Then just reattach the rubber gasket to the door and you are set. I used adhesive, but I think'll have to screw it in because the adehsive I used wasn't very good and it sometimes comes off.

I haven't installed a tower, so I have no advice in that dept. I just use picnic taps. I ran the gas line in through the drain hole. I had to drill it out a bit because it had a plug in it (and I wanted the fridge to drain and not be plugged by the gas hose). I use a 20lb C02 tank, so there was no way I was fitting that in too!
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!!

I will be planning to use a tower eventually in it. I have a 5lb co2 tank with regulator.....would I be able to fit that in there with the 2 kegs. I believe there is a shelf in the back that I could use.....

Thanks for the help!

Old 05-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #36
estoppel
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I would measure the circumference of your 5lb tank and see if fits on the shelf. If it sticks out very much, it'll be pretty tight. In fact if it stuck out by two inches you might be up the creek.

If you told me the circumference, I'll try to find something that is a similar size and try it out for you and let you know how I made it out.

On the other hand, I am assuming you are buying at Costco (where i bought mine and paid the same price), who will take anything back. You could put the shelves back in if it didn't fit and return it without a problem. The other option is to run your gas line through the drain and have your tank outside as I did.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #37
CTS
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by estoppel View Post
I would measure the circumference of your 5lb tank and see if fits on the shelf. If it sticks out very much, it'll be pretty tight. In fact if it stuck out by two inches you might be up the creek.

If you told me the circumference, I'll try to find something that is a similar size and try it out for you and let you know how I made it out.

On the other hand, I am assuming you are buying at Costco (where i bought mine and paid the same price), who will take anything back. You could put the shelves back in if it didn't fit and return it without a problem. The other option is to run your gas line through the drain and have your tank outside as I did.
Hey thanks!

The circumference is 16 1/2 inches and is 19 inches high. I am thinking that I will be stopping in at Costco Monday night and pick one up. Like you said they are pretty good at returning items......what a price though, $139.00. That is cheap!!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #38
estoppel
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sounds good, I'll check it for you tonight when I get home and let you know. I paid $149 in February and it can't really complain so far. It's a little loud in my front room, but you get past that when your pour yourself your first pint!

Old 05-11-2011, 05:10 AM   #39
CTS
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well i bought the one from costco....and it all works. 2 kegs and a co2 tank.....tight fit, but it all fits non the less!!

Old 05-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #40
maconmatt
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Remember, you need to disable the light now that the door shelving has been removed. There's nothing to flip the switch and turn the light off when shutting the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTS View Post
Well i bought the one from costco....and it all works. 2 kegs and a co2 tank.....tight fit, but it all fits non the less!!

Quick Reply