New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerator Build?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
jgardner6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Kegerator Build?

I'm looking at building my kegerator and want to use a compact fridge and instead of a freezer. I was wondering who has used a compact fridge, what size is it , and how many cornys can you fit? I want to be able to fit 3 cornys without the co2 tank in it (I will have it on the outside).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
chuggs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

If you go compact...make sure you find one of the models that will actually accept two cornelius kegs. Most of the people doing it use a particular Sanyo or Kenmore unit that has NO freezer section. Just fridge section. It holds two cornelius kegs. I think you'll be opting for a true Keg cooler if you find a compact unit that will hold 3 cornelius kegs. Those are usually much more expensive.

I elected to go to Brands Mart and bought their cheapest fridge. They're always running ads for a cheap refrigerator. When you get to the store they try to upsale you... Do you want an ice maker? Do you want a crisper drawer? Of course most people want these things. You should have seen the look on thier faces when I said Nope...I'll take it just like that!

The only drawback to mine is...it only holds 5 Cornelius kegs...if I would have gone just a little bigger...I could have gotten 6 kegs in there. Oh well...

Have a great time constructing your fridge. It's super nice to have cold draft on tap at home.

Last edited by chuggs; 08-07-2009 at 03:34 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply