Originally Posted by flyfishnc
1. What is the desired height and depth of the coffin? I know it needs to be tall enough to support whatever glass I fill up, but is there any other considerations?
2. I see where the tops of these things can be pretty heavy. Does the entire thing rest on the freezer's seal or the side walls of the wooden cabinet?
3. How do you all attach the top to the freezer's lid? I've seen T-nuts, washers, etc...
4. CO2 tank... inside or out? Is there an advantage either way? Currently, mine is in the beer fridge w/ my kegs. My thoughts were to put it behind (or hide it outside) of the keezer and pipe in the gas to a manifold.
5. If the CO2 is outside, do you drill through the wall of the freezer or run the line through a collar?
1) I don't have the exact measurements handy, but I made sure that I could get a growler under the tap for quick fills.
2) I let mine rest on the seal. Might not be the best for the seal, but didn't see any degradation in the few years that I had mine.
4) I had mine inside, but either way is fine.
5) If you are going to have it outside, however, I would not go through the wall of the freezer. If you are doing a coffin, a collar isn't really needed unless you need the headroom for kegs. I would just run the line in through the same access that beer lines use between the coffin and the freezer.