Keezer and keg size question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschnyderite

Reaction score
The beer I want to put in my keezer is available in 30L size at minimum (just over 16" in diameter)..my freezer interior is about 15 inches I've seen the interior of kegerators get gutted for projects. Can I cut the plastic inside of a GE 7 cu ft freezer to fit this? will it ruin the performance?

Hi

The cooling lines on a freezer are very close to the inside of the freezer wall. Cutting the wall (or even drilling a hole in it) is a pretty bad idea. Cutting the lip molding - probably not an issue, but that will only get you about 1/4".

The Kenmore 7.7 cubic foot (and larger) freezers will fit a 16" keg if you are now shopping for a new one...

Bob

Thanks bob..seems the frigidaire 7.2 and 8.8 will as well, though JUST BARELY

Hi

The cooling lines on a freezer are very close to the inside of the freezer wall. Cutting the wall (or even drilling a hole in it) is a pretty bad idea. Cutting the lip molding - probably not an issue, but that will only get you about 1/4".

The Kenmore 7.7 cubic foot (and larger) freezers will fit a 16" keg if you are now shopping for a new one...

Bob

Hi

Electrolux / Frigidaire has a factory in Minnesota that makes the Kenmore freezers. No big surprise that the dimensions are very similar. I've got an 8.8 running behind me right now and a 14.8 in the garage about to be painted black. There's also a Kenmore 7.2 (15.5" inside) that's destined to become a fermenteraror.

Why Kenmore? They'll always be "on sale!!!" some time in the next two weeks and when they are the price is right. Also I'm close enough to a store to go grab them with the truck.

Bob

Back