Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paledragon

Reaction score
Nothing earth shattering here, but I did spend some time contemplating how to get tubing/wiring in and out of the keezer somewhat gracefully. I'll eventually add another 2 ports for a beer gun and some low pressure CO2. I found some 1/2" NPT PVC flanges on McMaster, and added 1/2" NPT watertight cord grips to them. Flanges are epoxied to the lid with loctite plastic epoxy.

IMG_01764.jpg

I built the lid from 1x4 and 1/4" plywood, then put laminate flooring on it. I had to score the underside of the laminate flooring with a dremel to get to the fiberboard so i could glue it down.

IMG_01711.jpg

Room for 8 kegs inside...

IMG_01734.jpg

Controlled by a Love TS2:

IMG_01786.jpg

p.d.

Looks nice, definitely more eloquent then the standard hole and spray foam approach. I'll be keeping this in mind for my keezer build.

One thought: what about drilling a hole just large enough for the 1/2" NPT portion of the flange and mounting the flange on the inside of the collar? Then the only thing you'd see on the outside is the cord grips. Might be tough to get as good of a seal.

One thought: what about drilling a hole just large enough for the 1/2" NPT portion of the flange and mounting the flange on the inside of the collar? Then the only thing you'd see on the outside is the cord grips. Might be tough to get as good of a seal.

That could work too (I think). I've got foam board insulation on the interior, so I decided to just mount the flanges outside and then just drill the smallest diameter hole needed through the collar and foam board.

p.d.

Latest posts

Back