The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Jet Burner Distance from Kettle.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
probiopc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Jet Burner Distance from Kettle.

Dear.

Hello, I need your help, please.
Nowadays, I have learnt about the "gas natural 32 tips jet burner" installation. It must be installed at 12 or 14 inches of distance between the burner and kettle/pot. On another hand, I had read in the forums that they say that the brew people install the bruner at 4 or 6 inches of the kettle/pot.
My doubt is sabed on the instruction manufactured it tell that requirement must be installed at minimun distance of 12 or 14 inches.
Last week I bought three "gas natural 32 tips jet burner" and I'm making the brew stand, the pots or kettles that I will use are these:

- HLT: 30 lts (thin stainless steel).
- MLT: 50 lts barrel.
- BK: 80 lts with a false botton (or double botton) (thick stainless steel)

For the three kettles/pots I bought "gas natural 32 tips jet burner"

Can you guide me wich is the distance, please?

Finally, I am looking forward your answers.

Greetings!!

bye!!

20121106_183821.jpg   20121106_183830.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
Rbeckett
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 63 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 29

12 to 14 inches seems way too far away unless you are running very high pressure. I would make an adjustable height burner box and try it at various heights to see where it works the best. You can make it adjustable fairly easilly with a rack and pinion style gear that will raise and lower the burner at the twist of a knob. Once you get the optimum height you can lock it down by snugging up the bolts nice and tight. I would be willing to bet it is closer to 4-6 inches if even that far away.
Wheelchair Bob

What do you mean "no Kidneys"???, WTF now I gotta drink less beer...
Join the Automation sub forum in Electric brewing for a discussion of components and control systems. I did!!!!

Old 11-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #3
probiopc
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbeckett View Post
12 to 14 inches seems way too far away unless you are running very high pressure. I would make an adjustable height burner box and try it at various heights to see where it works the best. You can make it adjustable fairly easilly with a rack and pinion style gear that will raise and lower the burner at the twist of a knob. Once you get the optimum height you can lock it down by snugging up the bolts nice and tight. I would be willing to bet it is closer to 4-6 inches if even that far away.
Wheelchair Bob
thanks!! I think, how? XD

Quick Reply