Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > it's finally time: building a keezer (questions)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
jaywhy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 28
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoemaker View Post
Just and FYI, since I just finished mine. With a 5" collar you can fit 3 5 gallon and 2 3 gallon kegs with the CO2 on the outside.

Dave
In the Idylis 5 cu ft model?
__________________
jaywhy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
count2infinity
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 18
Liked 12 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Bump: I'm looking at the Idylis as well. 5 cu foot model. Would 3 pinlocks fit? 2 on the floor, one on the hump?

__________________
count2infinity is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #13
jaywhy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 28
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by count2infinity
Bump: I'm looking at the Idylis as well. 5 cu foot model. Would 3 pinlocks fit? 2 on the floor, one on the hump?
Yes. You would need to build a collar though.
__________________
jaywhy is offline
vlucchetti Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #14
Babybatch
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Babybatch's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 146
Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Default

I'm just starting out and I'm considering getting the 5 cu ft for a fermentation chamber that will be used as a keezer in the future. Any thoughts on whether I could fit 2 carboys in there?

Thanks!

Dan

__________________

"A man could work his whole life towards trying to make the ultimate quad and it would not be wasted." - saq

Babybatch is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #15
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
beaksnbeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Port Richey, Florida
Posts: 2,824
Liked 485 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybatch View Post
I'm just starting out and I'm considering getting the 5 cu ft for a fermentation chamber that will be used as a keezer in the future. Any thoughts on whether I could fit 2 carboys in there?

Thanks!

Dan
Only with a collar, I used one for single fermenter and a lagering keg. Now I use a fridge holds 3 fermenters and a lagering keg or 4 kegs and a fermenter
__________________
Quote:
Home of the 12 Tap keezer
beaksnbeer is offline
Babybatch Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #16
vlucchetti
Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Latrobe, PA
Posts: 79
Likes Given: 13

Default

Have you done the build with the Idylis 5 cu? 3 pins and a tank or did you run the co2 from the outside. Eyeballing this spec wise, have not gone to see it in store, seems very close to the GE 5 cu. Wife works at lowes so I get 10%.

__________________
vlucchetti is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 02:58 PM   #17
vlucchetti
Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Latrobe, PA
Posts: 79
Likes Given: 13

Default

Finally got to see the idylis, went to Lowes with 3 9 inch cutouts. Two cutouts fit with maybe an 1/8 inch of space between the two of them. A third could fit on the hump, but you would need one big collar to accommodate the disconnects.

Really only a two pin lock freezer and I would be wary of that without taking two kegs in to lowes to see if they fit. You would really need to lift them straight up and down, not a great deal of wiggle room.

ETA: Looks like it and the GE 5 cu are the same layout

__________________
vlucchetti is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 02:35 AM   #18
jaywhy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 28
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlucchetti View Post
Finally got to see the idylis, went to Lowes with 3 9 inch cutouts. Two cutouts fit with maybe an 1/8 inch of space between the two of them. A third could fit on the hump, but you would need one big collar to accommodate the disconnects.

Really only a two pin lock freezer and I would be wary of that without taking two kegs in to lowes to see if they fit. You would really need to lift them straight up and down, not a great deal of wiggle room.

ETA: Looks like it and the GE 5 cu are the same layout
I measured it with 3 pin locks. 2 on the floor and one on the hump.
I ended up going with the GE 7.0.
__________________
jaywhy is offline
vlucchetti Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #19
vlucchetti
Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Latrobe, PA
Posts: 79
Likes Given: 13

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywhy View Post
I measured it with 3 pin locks. 2 on the floor and one on the hump.
I ended up going with the GE 7.0.
Thanks. The more I look, 7 cu is the minimum way to go. Footprint is not that much larger - took a large cardboard box, cut the footprint and mocked it in my garage.

This is much more doable.
__________________
vlucchetti is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Building a keezer rcp197 Bottling/Kegging 7 09-04-2012 01:37 AM
Finally building my Lightning Keezer Copbrew133 DIY Projects 13 07-15-2012 03:11 AM
Finally building a brew stand - question re: future upgrades JonClayton Equipment/Sanitation 5 11-09-2011 05:00 PM
The keezer build is finally finished! Keezer porn attached. GRHunter DIY Projects 20 06-05-2010 03:38 AM
Finally building my serve & ferment chamber (pics to come) balvey DIY Projects 0 05-10-2010 01:01 PM