Installing Johnson Controls A19

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gritsak

Reaction score
I'm installing this on a Sanyo 4912, but the instructions with this thing are basically worthless.

Where should i run and mount the probe? I've seen other submerge the sensor bulb in gel, but i don't see this requirement anywhere in the instructions.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

No need to put the sensor in gel. You can put it anywhere in the fridge so long as it's not touching the evaporator.

Thanks for the reply. Should i just run it through the drain hole, or is there a better place?

I don't know about gel - but putting it in a bottle of water would better approximate the temperature that your beer is at vs the air in the fridge/freezer. I believe it results in fewer but longer cycles too (good thing).

-OCD

Attach the probe to the side of your bucket/carboy. Fermentation generates heat and you want to focus the temp of the chamber around the actual temp of the fermenting wort.

That makes sense. So, is it easiest/best to run the wiring through the refrigerator drain hole?

Back