Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > high pressure vs low pressure orifice...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #21
J-Malone
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiex0r View Post
Your flame looks ok to me. I'd be interested to know how softly you can run it though. It's got a great flame for heating and getting to boil, but I'd like to see/hear how it does for just simmering or maintaining a mash temp.
I tried this last night. I turned the regulator down to a very low pressure and was able to really adjust the burners to a low simmering type flame and like you said something I could use during mash recirculation to maintain or raise temp slightly

It lost all that windy roar that it had on the lowered setting. I am thinking that I am going to have a very wide range of adjustability. I am still thinking about getting some HP orifices and seeing what they do...just to have the option

On Tap: Berlinner Weiss (still...lol), Dickson County Pale, Evil Twin Clone (Hoppy Amber)

Fermenting: McFearless IPA (Apollo/Summit Hop Monster!)

Cold Conditioning: English Pale Ale (Yorkshire Square yeast)

In the queue: Munich Helles, Standard American Lager (My Fizzy, yella beer try), APA (10g split batch using diff yeast), ABA (Hoppy 7-8%, Imperial Janets Brown??? maybe), Saison (using WLP670 American Farmhouse), Terrapin Hop Karma Brown IPA Clone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply