Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > help wiring stc-1000 inside fridge

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 02:23 AM   #11
jeepinjeepin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1043 Times on 1022 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc922
thanks for the info. Cause what raouliii seems is right. I am trying to mount the stc-1000 inside the fridge and replace the factory temperature control. And i do want the inside evaporator fans running. Temp control is up top and compressor and everything is down below. Its going to be mounted in the top panel where there is 2 switch relays for a fan and a light. When you open the panel you have access to brown, both blacks, and white, the ground is screwed to metal. White wires are pig tailed for the lights already. All other wires go to the switches & temp control.
Be careful with actually putting the STC itself inside the fridge. That's probably a condensing environment. Bad news for electronics.

Walmart is about the only reason for open or concealed carry that I can get behind. -Randar

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 03:40 AM   #12
raouliii
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 63 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc922 View Post
thanks for the info. Cause what raouliii seems is right. I am trying to mount the stc-1000 inside the fridge and replace the factory temperature control. And i do want the inside evaporator fans running. Temp control is up top and compressor and everything is down below. Its going to be mounted in the top panel where there is 2 switch relays for a fan and a light. When you open the panel you have access to brown, both blacks, and white, the ground is screwed to metal. White wires are pig tailed for the lights already. All other wires go to the switches & temp control.
HOT = SMOOTH/BLACK to 1& 7
Neutral = WHITE to 2
Switched HOT = RIBBED/BLACKWHITE to 8

I would recommend disconnecting the existing temperature control by removing one or both wires connected to it. These wires could actually be extended to your new controller for the 1&7 and 8 connections.

I would also recommend attaching the probe, covered by insulation, to the keg or carboy of beer whose temperature you are trying to control. It will save you a lot of headaches.

Leave the FAN switch in the non-constant-on position. Let the condenser fan cycle with the compressor.

I have a commercial cooler with an STC1000 type controller in use as a fermentation chamber. The only time I have issues with condensation on the inside is when I raise the temperature for diacetyl rest / yeast clean-up and I manage that using damp-rid. Otherwise, the constant air movement and cooling cycles remove moisture very well. A refrigerator, especially a commercial one, functions much different than a keezer in the area of moisture control.
Big Breasted Blonde
Rochefort 7

In the Chamber:
Nothing

Next Up:
Re-a-Ranger IPA
An Amber of some sort

Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #13
jmc922
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Thanks again for the replies. I would of taken me a week to figure this out.

Quick Reply