Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   DIY Projects (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/)
-   -   Hanging a co2 tank on a keezer (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/hanging-co2-tank-keezer-359263/)

jerryk 10-06-2012 06:27 PM

Hanging a co2 tank on a keezer
 
Does anyone know if you can use a fire extinguisher hanging bracket to attach a 5lb tank to your keezer?

cranium213 10-06-2012 07:33 PM

That's a good idea, I can't see any reason why that wouldn't work so long as it fully supports the valve assembly in the bracket.

day_trippr 10-06-2012 09:14 PM

Be careful how you attach that bracket to your keezer. Modern chest freezers are riddled with cold and hot side tubing buried between the exterior skin and the internal liner...

Cheers!

jerryk 10-07-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by day_trippr
Be careful how you attach that bracket to your keezer. Modern chest freezers are riddled with cold and hot side tubing buried between the exterior skin and the internal liner...

Cheers!

Thanks for the advice. I do not want a paper weight the size of a chest freezer right now. So I would plan to mount it to the collar. I just would like to know if there is anyone that has found a bracket that is less than 30$ that will work with a 5lb tank.

evandena 10-08-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryk (Post 4477459)
Thanks for the advice. I do not want a paper weight the size of a chest freezer right now. So I would plan to mount it to the collar. I just would like to know if there is anyone that has found a bracket that is less than 30$ that will work with a 5lb tank.

Check with some local recharge companies.

tomCT 10-08-2012 11:40 PM

I am using a plastic fire extinguisher bracket to hold my 5 lb co2 cannister in my kegerator that I purchased in from Ebay several years ago. It is for a 10 lb extinguisher, but fits the co2 cannister perfectly.

This extinguisher appears to be the same as mine (center of page, model 3870v):
http://www.firesystemsusa.com/index....roducts_id=352

I did not use the mounting holes on the back, instead mounting it to a shelf with screws through the base.

Hope this helps.

jerryk 10-09-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomCT
I am using a plastic fire extinguisher bracket to hold my 5 lb co2 cannister in my kegerator that I purchased in from Ebay several years ago. It is for a 10 lb extinguisher, but fits the co2 cannister perfectly.

That looks like exactly what I am looking for but I was looking at the tank dimensions and mine says 5 1/2 in. and the bracket says 5 1/4 in. Are you using an aluminum or steel tank? If you are using an aluminum tank I think it will get it. Thanks.

tomCT 10-09-2012 05:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am using a 5 lb aluminum tank. Here are some photos - you can see how I am using the bracket. If in doubt, you could call and ask for the actual dimensions.

ahhjdd 10-09-2012 07:04 PM

I was thinking about cutting a piece of PVC pipe that was large enough to fit the tank in and then attaching it to the keezer some how. If you can find the pipe somewhere you might only have a couple bucks in a cap.

jerryk 10-09-2012 07:18 PM

That looks perfect for the tank. I think I will get it. I will send pics when it is done.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.