Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Haier HNRQ05GAWW conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
geilec
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Haier HNRQ05GAWW conversion

I saw a thread on here from a couple years ago saying that there were no freon lines running through the top of another Haier model. I am also experiencing warm temps on the sides but consistently ambient to slightly cooler temps across the top when plugged in. Does anyone know if there are coolant lines running across the top of this model?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
geilec
Recipes 

FYI---I was able to drill through the top with no problems. I only drilled a small hole for a single liquid line due to my unique bar setup, but if anyone was curious, I didn't hit anything on the way through for this model.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 13

My guess is that there is two across the top and not a gridwork of them as are on the side.

If you search for vodka cornstarch, you'll see a method of making a paste that will reveal where any lines are. Presumably you could also use a highly sensitive laser thermometer to do this.

Remember that the refrigerator wall is essentially Styrofoam sandwiched between a layer of thin steel and thin plastic. If you like to roll the dice, you can carefully drill the thin outer skin of the fridge wall (either side) , just enough to make a hole. Then you can root around removing any styro to see if there is a line nearby.

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Quick Reply