Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Got gas?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 09:54 PM   #11
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 979 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbergie
What NG burners are you guys using? I had a hard time trying to find any.
I got the 23 tip multi-jet burner from Amazon.com for $38 shipped.
Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2007, 09:59 PM   #12
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 979 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerrific
I don't think I would hesitate to use propane inside with good ventiallation (crack in garage door).

There are a lot of people that have propane in their homes as opposed to NG. My in-laws run their stove and oven off propane.

I think in general (for propane or NG) though you should have a carbon monoxide detector and have another person around so if you something happens they can call 911.

You have to realize that a typical gas range is made up of four 8-12kbtu each. That's under 50kbtu if you have them all cranked. These burners we're talking about are 100kbtu + so it uses up a lot of oxygen and also displaces oxygen with exhaust gas (CO). Gotta get fresh air in. THis applies to natural gas or propane but the OP wasn't even talking about propane.
Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply