Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Good price for Perlicks?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #21
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 373 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 264

Wow. What a great work around on the faucets. $50 for two is a great price. If I would have know about that, I would have ordered two coversion kits and deselected everything but the faucets and had 4 SS faucets for 100 bucks vice 4 chrome plated for $75. I could justify and extra $7 per but not an extra $18.

"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keez...y-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #22
RocketBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

That's exactly what I did. I've had chrome faucets and shanks and the finish erodes away over time, my guess is there's only one place it could be going... into my beer! That can't be to healthy, so I feel the stainless is well wort the extra money.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #23
NEBrewer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmv View Post
Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm not quite getting what your point was there. That's a product manual and cleaning guide for a Perlick faucet.

What about it?
I'm sorry I thought the 500 spec. page didn't need explaination.

When thinking about any (name brand) product it can be helpful to bump around the product manufactures pages to see what type of support the maker has for its wares. And seek info to help understand potential issues of warranty in the life of a product.

In this thread keeping faucets clean seems to an issue (plated vs stainless) and the product life... I considered if we are thinking about Perlic products in general a visit to products specs. and videos night help some consider additional cost, maint. issues and potential warranty issues. I figure we all don't think the same way, Right?

That's all, that's why I put it in friend. I too am planning on a home draft system and I have a lot of questions.

Does anyone else know who the perlic competition is? Who are the major manufactures of faucets? Who is making the best faucet? Where can we find the best use for our brewer dollars?

Sorry if this strays from the thread.
Cheers,

Old 08-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #24
SFGiantsFan925
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 350 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 205

RocketBrewer, thanks for the heads up. I was looking for faucets to complete my build and that worked perfect. I did end up buying other parts as all their stuff is at 10% off right now and does seem cheaper than all other places. Even with California tax its cheaper.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #25
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 373 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 264

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEBrewer View Post

Does anyone else know who the perlic competition is? Who are the major manufactures of faucets? Who is making the best faucet? Where can we find the best use for our brewer dollars?

Sorry if this strays from the thread.

Cheers,
I couldn't find another maker of forward sealing faucets. There used to be a company that made them, but I think they went out of business. Maybe there is something overseas, but if there was you would think that they would be available in the U.S?

"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keez...y-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:44 AM   #26
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 1142 Times on 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGVT View Post
I couldn't find another maker of forward sealing faucets. There used to be a company that made them, but I think they went out of business. Maybe there is something overseas, but if there was you would think that they would be available in the U.S?
"Ventmatic", I would think. I've read that the inventor also designed the Perlick 425 faucet, but that at some point there was a falling out, and Perlick had to drop the 425 and come up with the 525.

Shirron apparently also had some kind of business relationship with the Ventmatic design, but those also have disappeared...

Cheers!

Quick Reply