The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Good News for USPlastic.com Users

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
Tek420
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Good News for USPlastic.com Users

Hey all I have never used USPlasic.com before but have read about their pricy shipping charges a few times here in the forums. I am doing a few things in the brewery and ordered about $250 in QDs and the shipping online was over $70!!! I called because that was crazy to me for just a few small and light pieces!!

Long story short the woman told me to use the "Prepay and Add" option for shipping on the second page of the check out and to put a note in the comments section on the third page of the checkout stating the shipping seemed high and to request someone look at that shipping charge. About 15 minutes later I received an e-mail with my invoice attached and a comment that the shipping would be between $8-$12 for the order and to confirm that shipping price was OK and to preceed with the order. That was over a $60 savings!!!

Anyway I thought I'd pass this along in the hopes of saving some of you a few bucks on shipping if you use USPlastic.com in the future!!

Dave

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 132 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hey Tek, welcome to HBT. That is a fine first post!

Hey, knock that shvt off. We're drinkin' here.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
Tek420
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
Hey Tek, welcome to HBT. That is a fine first post!
Thanks! Been lurking here for a while and learning a TON but didn't realize I hadn't posted before! Almost done converting to a HERMS system with multiple PIDs and all sorts of other goodies so as soon as that's completed look out for a lot of pics of that and a BIG thanks to all the people here who inspired me to go for it!!

Dave

Old 02-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
samc
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 29

In all honesty, can't see why anyone would buy from a vendor that has a system that screws the unaware people who might not notice the rip off. Why don't they fix the system? Oh, I know - extra profits for the bottom line. Ugh

Old 02-16-2011, 11:39 PM   #5
rudu81
Recipes 

I think it's typical of manufacturing and the shipping business. There's a difference between a freight company and UPS or FedEx (as we commonly use them).

Old 02-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #6
Catt22
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 51

In all honesty, I've been buying from U.S. plastics for many years and never experienced excessive shipping charges. The shipping has been very fast and their customer service first class. One would have to be fairly stupid to not notice a huge shipping overcharge such as this. No system is perfect. I'm sure they are working to find and fix the glitch. U.S Plastics is a reputable company and they have been around a very long time. Evil intent is not always at the bottom of this sort of thing. Caveat emptor, blah, blah blah.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:06 AM   #7
kegtoe
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 9

agree with cat. i've never had an issue with shipping and have bought several buckets and lids for storage of grain, sanatizer, etc. Shipping seemed fair to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catt22 View Post
In all honesty, I've been buying from U.S. plastics for many years and never experienced excessive shipping charges. The shipping has been very fast and their customer service first class. One would have to be fairly stupid to not notice a huge shipping overcharge such as this. No system is perfect. I'm sure they are working to find and fix the glitch. U.S Plastics is a reputable company and they have been around a very long time. Evil intent is not always at the bottom of this sort of thing. Caveat emptor, blah, blah blah.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:18 AM   #8
StMarcos
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Stopped ordering from them when they sent me jesus stuff in the box with my fittings.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:59 AM   #9
Catt22
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMarcos View Post
Stopped ordering from them when they sent me jesus stuff in the box with my fittings.
That would definitely be a deal killer for me too, although it hasn't happened yet. I suspect that this was not something that the CEO approved. It could have been done by an employee without the knowledge of management. Personally, I would contact someone in upper management and inquire about this incident letting them know what was going on. Someone's head would roll if I were running that business and I could find out who was responsible.

Never mind, it's spelled out pretty clearly here: http://www.usplastic.com/content/abo...clickid=footer

Damn, now I have to find an alternate source for this stuff.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:40 AM   #10
kegtoe
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 9

just curious, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catt22 View Post
That would definitely be a deal killer for me too, although it hasn't happened yet. I suspect that this was not something that the CEO approved. It could have been done by an employee without the knowledge of management. Personally, I would contact someone in upper management and inquire about this incident letting them know what was going on. Someone's head would roll if I were running that business and I could find out who was responsible.

Never mind, it's spelled out pretty clearly here: http://www.usplastic.com/content/abo...clickid=footer

Damn, now I have to find an alternate source for this stuff.
Motorized my grain mill

Quick Reply