Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Golf Cart Kegerator

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
BARBQ
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Golf Cart Kegerator

As soon as I get some extra cash I am gonna do this one for neighborhood get togethers. I am guessing as long as the keg is force carbed it wont shake up to much driving. I am planning to put them on the back where the golf bag usually is and use the strap to go through the keg top collar to fasten down.

This is the cart I use for fishing

They (both) if I get two, but will probably test it with one first will be in a keg ice blanket like this link below

http://www.kegworks.com/product.php?...2425&featured=

Then I will use this mobile kegerator setup below to serve after they have force carbed for a week. Anybody have any luck with these not using a serving hose?

http://www.kegcowboy.com/index.php?d...product_id=243

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
sambogi76
Recipes 

I force carb and no matter how good I am at leaving the sediment behind in the primary I still always end up with a little sediment in the bottom of my kegs when I empty one.

But neat idea! Just hope you don't have any cops that live on the block...

Old 03-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
BARBQ

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yeah maybe i will make the news.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
onthekeg
Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Trace a hole around the outside of the keg on the lid of your cooler. Cut a hole in the lid. Fill the cooler with ice and drill the keg into it. It will draw cool beer off the bottom of the keg, you don't have to keep the top in ice. Also, do a second keg to keg transfer to keep sediment from sloshing around. Having a keg just pressurized won't keep the sediment on the bottom.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
bbognerks
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts

Or filter it...

As for the serving with no beer line, there is a thread about using epoxy mixers or freezer water line in the dip tube to reduce the pressure. Not sure if it will be enough, but it might be. The cure for your short hose troubles

Old 03-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
BARBQ

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthekeg View Post
Trace a hole around the outside of the keg on the lid of your cooler. Cut a hole in the lid. Fill the cooler with ice and drill the keg into it. It will draw cool beer off the bottom of the keg, you don't have to keep the top in ice. Also, do a second keg to keg transfer to keep sediment from sloshing around. Having a keg just pressurized won't keep the sediment on the bottom.
good idea on the cooler. I will have to see when I get the pocket kegger. Im not sure I understand the 2nd keg method. I dont think I am following about sediment.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
onthekeg
Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARBQ View Post
good idea on the cooler. I will have to see when I get the pocket kegger. Im not sure I understand the 2nd keg method. I dont think I am following about sediment.

What I meant to do, but said poorly, was to do a keg to keg transfer before you take your beer with you. This will leave any sediment left in the keg you transferred from and will keep your beer on the road much clearer.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
BARBQ

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthekeg View Post
What I meant to do, but said poorly, was to do a keg to keg transfer before you take your beer with you. This will leave any sediment left in the keg you transferred from and will keep your beer on the road much clearer.
oh ok.

I was thinking if I used the keg ice/neoprene blanket I could get a typical hose/picnic tap and wrap the hose around the top of the keg like a coil and then try to put the blanket around it. This would keep the beer in the hose cool and I would still have the length I need. I would just have to leave the end out to serve.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
BARBQ

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

got the keg blanket from kegconnection and I bought a pocket C02 thing from them to to save on shipping/ordering from same place, but when I got it no quick connect. Arggh. I am gonna go and get this from Keg Cowboy when I can go by there since I live in Houston. Pics soon to follow when I get everything together.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #10
BARBQ

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

got everything together and tried it out. I figured I could either run the keg around on a dolly. This could be any kind of dolly. The C02 portable and the tap made this thing super portable with the ice blanket. If your a big guy you could even carry it around to pour spots, IE outside, pool, tailgate etc.

Then I got the same setup and ran the golf bad strap through the top handle, voila. I originally go this stuff for the cart, but I was amazed at how light weight everything was. The corny is gonna be the hvy thing. The neoprene blanket and ice wasnt much at all.

List:

Pocket Kegerator Setup - $46
http://kegcowboy.com/index.php?dispa...product_id=243

Keg Blanket - $29.95, $45.95 with ice blanket. (I bought with, but it looks like something you could buyout on your own, but it could be a wash)
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=342

Total= $92.00 (shipping was $10) = $102

$100 bucks for a mobile kegerator. Not bad. I like this setup so I dont have to mess with an ice cavity of some kind. Im not sure how long or how cold it will keep, but the first time I find out I will post.

img00170-20110411-1556.jpg   img00173-20110411-1557.jpg  

Quick Reply