Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Glue Manifold?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
tndave
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Glue Manifold?

I made a cpvc manifold for my 5 gal cooler and the first time I used it I didn't glue it together. It worked out just fine, but I was real nervous everytime I stirred the mash. I am planning to use it again today and I am thinking about gluing it first.

Do ya'll just use regular pvc glue and the purple primmer? I am a little nervous about that being in my mash. I know the boil will sterilize everything, but there are some things you just don't want to ingest sterilized or not. I wonder if it should cure for a few days.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1759

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it'--Ronald Reagan

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.'--Ronald Reagan

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
Baldy_Beer_Brewery
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Good quality CPVC pipe and fittings should fit tight enough that the manifold should stay together.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Recipes 

Liked 510 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Nope, don't glue it. Having said that I found that I DID have to glue the part where the manifold meets the spigot. I had the manifold come off at that point one time during the mash. The main body though was secure so i left that unglued in case I need to disassemble it for cleaning.

Steven Hawking ~ As we say in science, the England football team couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo

Old 03-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #4
tndave
Recipes 

Ok cool, I won't glue it. Thanks!!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1759

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it'--Ronald Reagan

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.'--Ronald Reagan

Quick Reply