The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Getting the bug again...need some suggestions if you would

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
inkslinger82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Getting the bug again...need some suggestions if you would

I haven't brewed in a long time because me and the lady bought a house last year and all my time and $$$ have been going toward that.

Anyway, I dug up a lot of my old equipment and I am thinking about what I could do. I have a 10 Gallon cooler, a keg I need to get the top cut off, a couple bayou burners w propane. Ive been using just straight gravity feeds, but I really want to build a brew rig that I can upgrade as I go. Here is what I have to work with...basically 2 options.

Option 1 (what I prefer)

I would LOVE to brew in the basement. I have a natural gas line that is going out to the grill. As soon as I saw it I automatically thought about tapping into it and dropping a brewery in there. IF the wife allows basement brewing, what material would you guys suggest to build a stand?

ALSO
I have a 240 electric outlet currently unused...that is an option, but I know NOTHING about all electric brewing.

Option 2

Garage Brewing

I have a woodworking shop in progress out there and it would be pretty easy to build a wooden rig, but the downside is that it is in the garage and I live in Buffalo. Winters would suck.

Any input is appreciated! Lookin forward to getting back into it

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
wilserbrewer
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 380 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 8

My vote is for electric in the basement, clean, quiet and efficient. Need to vent the steam.

Expert tailor and supplier of custom sized, top quality BIAB bags, hop bags and ratchet pulleys at reasonable pricing

http://biabbags.webs.com/

CORONA MILL BUCKET SYSTEM V. 2.0

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply