Frigidaire 7.2 Freezer Temp. Range

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anewsong40

Reaction score
Hello:
I was thinking about getting a Frigidaire 7.2 Cu. Ft. Chest Freezer from lowes to eventually build a Keezer. Does anyone know the stock temp ranges on these freezers? I was thinking about lagering in the freezer at around 45 degrees until I can undertake by Keezer project. Is this an option?

-Brian

I picked up a 7.0 GE from HD a few weeks ago. I plugged it in and ran it when I got it home to make sure it worked before hacking it up, and I set the thermostat to "4" on an eight point scale. After a few hours, it was -10F.

You'll definitely need a thermostat to bypass the OEM.

I have a Kenmore 7.2, and the highest temp I could get it to turn off at was like 10 degrees F. For a while, I used a lamp timer set to be on twice a day for an hour per, and that worked ok... Finally, I found a frig bound for the scrap pile and stripped out the temp controller from it. Works great. Not near as precise as a Ranco, Loves, or a Johnson, but for me, the price was just right. Besides, I enjoyed the work of puttering with the controller and getting it mounted in a box, etc.

I use a Love TX-10140 -- works flawlessly and isn't all that hard to wire. I posted a wiring diagram here on HBT somewhere.

Good to know that I will need the temp controller then! I thought I might be about to set it to about a 1 out of 8 and still be able to lager. . . Thanks for the info!

Back